Friday, December 23, 2016

Dee's Christmas Joy

The rained had stopped for a few moments while I approached the heavy blue door. It had been raining all morning in Southern California and I was totally enjoying the Christmas weather. The house stood in front of  me like a home from the past and opening the door was the gentle smile of a creative woman.

                                                              A picture from Christmas Past it was
                                                  too wet to stay outside and take a new picture.





                                                                A friend made this little tree





                                                    Dee's son made the broom and rake
                                                               I got one too!

Going in Dee's home is like being enveloped in a warm blanket. Think of all the cozy things you like at Christmas and that is Dee's home. The music is playing softly Pretty flowers while I look around at all her Christmas decorations. Dee has a way of creating treasures out of found objects.
What keeps you young at heart is keeping busy with your hands.Her little cards she sends are such a delight to get. Dee uses old cards and cuts and glues little cards together for her friends just for the fun of it.

 It was so cozy as we sat talking about my Hooked rug I had just finished. Dee has a way of encouraging  her friends to strive to be more creative in what ever project they are working on.
I spread my Sweet Noel rug on the aged looking brick floors and smiled at her positive reaction.





I had brought a sweet tamale for her to munch on. I had to laugh I talked to Dee today and she had forgotten it was a sweet tamale. She had some rice with her Tamale and opened her mouth and it wasn't a beef tamale.I had to laugh I am sure I told her it was a sweet tamale.
 It is a little memory from Christmas past for me.I love sweet tamales with raisins and pineapple we rarely ever got them as a child.It seemed we always had super hot tamales on Christmas eve


As my eyes gazed at all the darling decorations I felt very lucky to be enjoying this time with my friend which was such a treat of eye candy.



Maulie  my little Shitzu was getting her hair cut for Christmas at the groomer.So it was perfect to combine two things seeing my friend and having somewhere to hang out while Miss Maulie was having her Christmas cut Lol. There is something wrong with a person whose dog gets a more expensive hair cut then the owner. So I had drove over to Dee's for a quick visit before Christmas.



Dee had made carrot cake which was super moist and she had also added whipped cream on top and a little candy cane. It was so good!!
The rain continued to pour down goblets and then it would slow down and just seemed to be a mist of  gentle rain. What a perfect day!


I hope you enjoyed these pictures of her home. At Christmas who ever goes thru the door feels the spirit of Christmas blessings all the way down to their toes! Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth.
Today I am thinking of all my good friends that are finding this Christmas Season more bitter sweet. Your all in my Prayers hugs and love Cheri
  =======================================================================

14 comments:

Kurt Schindler said...


Thanks for sharing the photos. Wonderful!

Merry Christmas,
Charlotte

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, thanks so much for your kind comment and your prayers. You are very lucky to have Dee as a close friend. She sounds like a kindred soul to you. Thanks for sharing her delightful Christmas creations. I bet her hands are never idle.
Hugs to you and Maulie. Merry Christmas and all the Best for the Holidays.
JUlia

Saundra said...

What a beautiful quilt piece you made. It was fun seeing Dee's Christmas decorated home again. This time I noticed the heart shape on the antique dough or bread box table. I'm guessing that is what the piece is, if not let me know what it really is. Also love her dolls and your Sweet Noel in the blog below.

Merry Christmas.

Larkrise garden girl said...

I pray and wish all you blogger friends the nicest Christmas this year. It's super windy in California the rain was scary last night since we have tall trees! Hopefully Santa can get thru the storm and deliver presents tomorrow. Hugs and Merry Christmas
Julia as always my prayers....

Rugs and Pugs said...

So happy to hear that California has been getting rain!
It's always a treat to get a glimpse at Dee's wonderful home.
I laughed about Maulie's haircut being more than yours.
Merry, merry Christmas.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren , its true I spend more on Maulies haircut! Lol

Rugs and Pugs said...

I don't doubt it at all :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Lol

Mary A said...

Thanks for sharing your visit to Dee's home! What a delight! Do you have any examples of the cards Dee creates? I would love to see one! Needleworkers are so lucky to have such a convenient outlet for our creative juices. I hope you enjoyed a joyful Christmas and Happy New Year!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Mary A Dee's little cards are cut up old cards over the years she has collected she pastes them on other cards. She adds little things to them. It's just a sweet thing to do . I am glad you enjoyed the pics Merry Christmas.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

we can feel the warmth of Dee's love for her home and freinds and family through your photos ~ thank you for sharing her with us ~ please give her a squeeze from all of us here? Happy, Happy New Year!
L

Larkrise garden girl said...

I will be sure and tell Dee . Have a happy New year! Cheri

annie said...

I love when you share visits to her home!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
It is always a joy to see what you share and I'm sure you miss The Country Loft but hope you still manage to get together with your friends!
Thanks again for sharing Dee's home with us! I know she must enjoy your visits as much as you enjoy visiting with her!! Kindred Spirits find joy in each other, truly!!
May the new year hold many blessings for you and yours!!
Heart Hugs to you~
Julie