Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September flying by

Last weekend we towed our trailer down the Crest grade to our first trip camping in a very long time. When we were younger many years ago we would go camping and it was truly rugged. Sleeping in tents on the hard floor big bulky lanterns and of course roaring fires. There were trips to the desert at that time on three wheelers. That was before quads and those were fun times.Then there was the cab over camper days in Julian.We were young back then!
Another camping trip I remember was beautiful Yosemite.I always laugh when I think of Yosemite and my little daughter.The priceless look on Megan's face sitting in the back of our green Volkswagen van. The ranger informed us if a bear sees that cooler in our van he will break the window and get into our vehicle. Megan was little and her big blue eyes widened with shock.
.
     
                     Little Jack loved camping with us                               


The Friday we left for our first camping trip Violet finally produced a egg. I was so proud of her.
 This week I had the other chicken with a prolapsed uterus on her first attempt at birthing an egg.
I won't even go into the fun I had trying to be a vet. Anyhow she is doing well the egg passed and I am hoping it was a fluke.I am so thankful to the Internet for information on what to do.
My first tomato



I called the vets office and they don't handle chickens.The crisis is over now.She is perky and wanting to be with the other chickens but I am keeping her isolated to heal her bum and keep her from producing  another egg. What can I say I got to to know my chicken quite well.




                                                                      noodle treat

   








Here are the rest of the pictures of the hooked rugs at the San Diego Quilt show enjoy!








                                                                       



                                                   It is starting to feel like fall


                                                                     

                                                                             Hugs Cheri


                                                   


7 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

That's quite a chicken story!
Love that Pray Moo Cow was in the show. What a fun rug!
My son who lives in the LA area is hoping to move to the Yosemite area if the job works out. That would suit his style so much better. I hope he can make it happen.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farm Girl said...

Whoa!!! I never have heard of that!! I know it can happen in cows, but never in a chicken. Brave you!! I have a vet who loves to treat any kind of animal, but still my goodness. You have beautiful hens. I sure love that rug show. What cute rugs.
It has felt like fall here for a couple of days, we are going back up degrees now for about another week. I loved camping too. I sure miss it. I am so glad you got to go.
Have a nice rest of the week.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, that is a little slice of the story. I never had a problem ever with a chicken with egg delivery. It was yucky. Think of oil gloves and massage thats how my day went. Lol
She is doing better.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Farm girl I had no idea what was wrong with her until I found a video on u tube. Then I watched several videos ablout what you can do. I feed my chickens egg maker and have never ever had this happen. But this chicken is normally bred as meat. So who knows if thats why.
Hopefully her second egg will come out easier. The bad part is she is so pretty but she might be defective laying eggs.
It's a wait and see situation for now.
The weather is fall like and now it is heating up again. I wish we had more seasonal weather like back east. Hugs cheri

acorn hollow said...

who knew that about chickens?
Love the rugs! congrats on the tomato.
sounds like you have been very busy.
Cathy

Bee Lady said...

You just made up my mind to NOT get chickens! Love the rugs and other crafty stuff. Camping....I remember the 'tent' days with my parents. It always seemed like a lot of fun. I think I'm a hotel kind of girl now!

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Cindy bee , you made me laugh. Believe me all I can say preparation H on a chicken and gloves was a new experience. She is doing fine now. Thank goodness!