Monday, August 22, 2016

Primitive Rughooking special exhibit at the San Diego Quilt Show

Today I am watching as a backhoe is getting ready to widen our driveway for our new travel trailer.I can anxiously hear as a chain saw is getting started up for a dead eucalyptus stump removal.It's a big stump I sure hope they can do it.

Some of my plants can't be saved as Mark rips up the dirt and makes it all one level.So I am resigned to their fate.  I sit here blogging away glancing out my window with Maulie at my side napping away.Hubby is at work and I am waiting for the loud chaos to really begin.
Morris took off and is probably hiding out all day from the noise.I kept the chickens in their coop so they would feel safe.

                                                         







Last week was our rug hooking get together at Rosies. The ladies brought in the rugs that were going to be in the San Diego quilt show.
Here are some pictures of the rugs that were dropped off. There are some larger ones that were dropped off at another location but unfortunately I didn't get pictures of those yet.
I think this was a great idea to have this special exhibit of rug hooking at the San Diego quilt show. I wouldn't be surprised if we get new interest in rug hooking.










Here is the San Diego convention center













This is a wall quilt I am working on



13 comments:

Saundra said...

I'd totally forgotten about your "Egg and I Road" rug. Nice to see it again. Now I've a question... will you take your girl chicks with you when you do road trips?

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful rugs especially like the tombstone angel--hope you survived the chaos of the driveway expansion

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra , my girls will be fine. We have a friend house sitter that takes care of our home when we go somewhere.
The girls have not layed eggs yet. All this noise doesn't help matters. Lol!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Sampling from Spring creek, wow what a day it was crazy . They are coming back tomorrow . Morris finally came home after they left.
There are going to be lots more rugs at the quilt show in San Diego.It should be a fun quilt show. Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats on having your rugs in the show! I'm sure they will be loved.
Happy camping :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

You will surly get some interest in rug hooking.
Have fun with the new travel trailer.
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren and Cathy , it seems like I am so busy lately.
I just want to just sit in a pool and relax on vacation.
More running around tomorrow.
I can hardly wait til it's fall.
Hugs cheri

Farm Girl said...

How nice Cheri! I love the rugs and your quilt is wonderful.
How nice you got a new trailer and a new driveway.
It sounds lovely.
How are you doing with your eyes?

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Farm girl , my eyes are doing fine. I feel like I have a little bit of eye floaters that are kind of annoying but that's part of another part of your eye.
I am so excited getting my trailer stocked. I bought a little coffee maker and some new dish towels with roosters on it.
I saw some cute plates and mugs. This is so much fun getting ready to camp.
Hugs cheri

Gayle said...

Great idea to display rugs at a quilt show. I love both mediums and they are very compatible so you might make some converts! Thanks for all the pictures

Beth Anne said...

The first rug is called Ralph's Angel. It was designed by Anne Nichols and is now sold by Wheaten Woolens. W.W. Now owns all of Anne Nichols patterns. Visit wheatenwoolens .com to see all of Anne's patterns.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gayle , I thought it was a great idea too. Quilts and rug hooking what a great combination!
Thanks Beth Anne for the information about the designer.

Mary A said...

I wish there were more quilt shows that included hooked rugs. I make rugs to complement my quilts. I love the rugs shown and can only imagine what the other rugs look like. I think hooked rugs and quilts go together naturally!