Thursday, July 14, 2016

Merging two Primitive rug hooking groups for double the fun

Well it's a new beginning for my rug hooking groups! One thing even in the middle of a hot summer I want to hook. It has ignited my love of rug hooking. I ordered some really pretty blue wool's online today.Now that I can't just buy wool, linen and rug binding at the Country Loft like I use to it's disappointing.  I am hoping Rosie's will soon start to supply rug hooking supplies at her shop.
 

 I think it's funny I had a pattern I wanted to do a couple years ago and thought it was too huge. I looked at it again today and thought it's not that big. I really have to laugh at myself sometimes.

First Country Loft my favorite home away from home has retired. It was the most creative interesting shop I have ever known I will truly miss all the ladies all the classes and just everything about it.
It was so much fun over the many years. In life things are constantly changing so new adventures await me.
 We merged the two rug hooking groups that were at Country Loft and made them one happy family.  The plan is meeting at Rosie's a quilt shop in La Mesa on different Tuesdays. The first get together went great!!

Here are some pictures of what the ladies have been doing!! Enjoy



Susan has been busy I love her quilt a Cheri Payne pattern!!!!




Like our other groups some ladies are quilting and some hooking ,knitting and cross stitch.

                                                             Two of my girls no eggs yet





                                                   
                                            I guess bigger chickens lay later then small chickens


                                                         

                                              Pam finished a Cheri Payne freebie pattern


I love the quilting that Pam did on Susan's quilt



Susan is hooking away





'''











My sunflowers are tall



                                                               My big gals!

10 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm so happy you still have a place to hook!
Wonderful projects.
Hugs :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

Change is hard but it looks like you have a great group.
Cathy

Karen said...

Love the Cheri design quilt. Always a good choice to use one of Cheri's patterns when you want a prim look.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi gals,new location but still same ladies so it's fun. I love cheri payne patterns!
The fun part about our groups is seeing quilts too!
I have to finish my Cheri Payne quilt this month. Hugs cheri

Farm Girl said...

I like seeing normal at your house. Your girls are lovely. So are the rugs. Isn't it funny to see patterns now, that a few years ago seemed too hard. It happens to me all of the time. How are you feeling?
Isn't it magical to see colors now? Have a lovely weekend. Its going to be really hot this weekend. My girls will be out in the yard instead of the coop. :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Farm girl I am half normal now one eye done one to go on Monday.
I can hardly wait!! My girls are out during the day but if I go down the hill I don't trust a preditor getting them so they go back in the hen house.
I love seeing 20 20 in one eye! I am hoping for the same result in my left eye.
It is funny how your perspective of size changes in hooking rugs lol!!!

Mary A said...

Glad to hear your groups are adapting! My favorite quilt shop closed 5 years ago and we just kept meeting at various houses and now we include the former quilt shop owner! I have heard of Rosie's and that it is an awesome shop. I need to stop in the next time I'm in So Cal.

Gayle said...

That chicken rug is very interesting - looks like it's being hooked on something besides linen? Hmmm......

Larkrise garden girl said...

Gayle, I will have ask her next group meeting. It's not linen.
Mary yes Rosies is filled with fabric that's for sure!
They have graciously allowed us to meet there.
Have a great weekend!!

Saundra said...

Glad you have a place to go to socialize; as you say, perhaps she will start carrying some wool products, particularly if you can get your other hooker friends interested.

I can remember the first SMALL piece I hooked and thought it would never get done. But then as my experience with hooking progressed the larger pieces I'd hook as they didn't seem to be as much as a huge size any longer.

Your big girls are beautiful and maybe they are 'cover girls'. I know nothing about chickens so perhaps you are right about the lager girls take longer to produce eggs.

Saundra