Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April Showers




Hi Blogger friends I have been a very busy gal this month .This is a short post since I am out the door to rug hooking. I joined a Cheri Payne friendship group on Facebook and have been making four and a half inch blocks. I am on number 19.I am behind but catching up.



 I also have been taking care of my new chicks. Boy I forgot how much work chicks are. That is a story in itself. I have been having quite a time with them. It is so much fun. I feel like they will need a night light when they go out to their chicken coop for the first time. The night light is for me so I can see if anybody is trying to get them! We have a hawk across the street who might be a problem. I am going to be one careful chicken lady.
  







I also have been baby sitting too


Linda gave me some of this plant it is so strange looking

I am going to post again on Thursday which will have lots of pictures of what everyone is working on but I am out the door hugs Cheri oh I will catch up with all of you this week!

6 comments:

Julia said...

The chick are so cute. Good luck with them. Maybe you can put a net over the enclosure so the hawk won't get them. It would be heart breaking to loose them.
Hugs,
JB

Farm Girl said...

Your chicks are so awesome. Your yard looks pretty too.
What an interesting looking plant. I can't believe how big Jack is now.
Have a fun day today.

Saundra said...

Oh but I do so enjoy when you post. Your garden looks wonderful and you chicks are adorable. Hey, who doesn't like chicks? And yes, your area hawk could be a problem but you can't put your yard in a bubble. I'm sure you wich that you could.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I look forward to seeing your Cheri Payne blocks.
Hope you had a good time hooking.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, I am going to get hubby to make me a portable chicken run so the hawk can't get my chickens from above.I am hoping to get them to spend the night out in the chicken coop soon. The coop is covered but they still need their heat lamp.
The Cheri Payne blocks and working in my garden have been keeping me very busy.
Rug hooking group was fun today only two more months and Country Loft will be gone. Our group is going to continue at Rosies quilt shop.
I think that this has been the busiest April for projects . More on Thursday hugs cheri

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, I'm glad that your group will continue to meet at Rosie. What a blessing that is. I know it's not the same but nothing ever stays the same for long.

I hope you have a great week . Hugs,
JB