Thursday, March 24, 2016

Beautiful Pysanky Easter Eggs made by Susan

Pysanky is a Ukranian Easter egg decorated using wax and batik method. It is truly an artistic Easter egg.I especially like the intricate painting and vibrant dye colors. It is wonderful to see an old world tradition come alive, being practiced by a good sweet friend of Dee's.You meet the most interesting people at her home.


 Susan has been making these beautiful Pysanky Easter eggs for a while. This method of egg dyeing is used by Polish, Russian and surrounding countries.Susan told me how she originally found a kit at a Polish church and from there she started experimenting. I love her painted eggs! They are simply a delight to see. Be sure and enlarge to see the detail of the eggs. Susan even made the Pysanky Easter eggs as a child using red onion skins.I bet they were pretty.

   As we approach the wonderful celebration of Easter I decided to explore the traditions from all over the world of dyeing Easter Eggs. Raising my sweet little chicks I had forgotten why do we dye eggs at Easter time? Since I am now going to have four chickens down the road what am I going to do with all the eggs?
 I like to make scones but seeing Susan's eggs was an interesting idea.Oh to be so talented!


Dyeing Easter eggs is a custom from ancient times from representing new birth,fertility, spring and Christ resurrection.The internet had all sorts of reasons.
Glorious Easter Eggs by Susan



It is such a fun activity whether your using onion skins,food dye or buying a Easter egg dyeing kit with everything in it .I am sure my daughter will be dyeing eggs this weekend with my grandson.


******************************************************************************

                                           Dee decorated for Easter using some of Susan's eggs


                                                                    Notforgotten farms print



                                                                      sweet bunny



                                                          Dee put some Easter eggs in a bowl


Susan Easter Eggs





Doll holding a giant wool egg


funny bunny

Succulents

                                                             The first daffodil is special


                                               Hugs have a Blessed Easter this weekend

                                                             

10 comments:

Saundra said...

Beautiful eggs! Is the wax she uses as the 'resist' melted or does she draw those dainty lines with a wax stick? Very interesting. Happy Easter.

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, your friend sure has her ways with egg decorating. They are all so beautiful.

I always wanted to try making Pysanky eggs. They are so beautiful. They were offering a basic course in making them at the Senior Centre years ago and I just couldn't spare the time to attend then and I so much wanted to take that course.

I hope that some day I'll be able to paint eggs like that. Dee's place looks inviting and ready for Easter.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I so appreciate it.
Happy Easter,
Hugs,
JB

Bee Lady said...

Hi Cheri,

I just read your last three posts! I'm getting caught up too. It seems to be never ending. I'll be glad when life gets back to normal around here. Thing is, I don't know what normal is anymore!
Your post showing all of your friends primitive artwork made me miss my Granny Bee friends. It was a year ago this week that our beloved Granny Bee passed away at way too young of an age.
Aren't we fortunate to have the internet to do research on traditions and such that we wonder about, such as Easter eggs. I was talking to my nephew-in-law the other day and we were wondering how Easter day is determined. It has to do with the full moon the month before and Passover and such. Very confusing. We decided we were glad we have a calendar to let us know! I can't believe how much little Jack has grown up. You are making wonderful memories with him. Keep it up as you know, they grow up way too fast. My nieces prefer their friends over me at this stage in their life. I want to get chicks and ducks, but I also want to take vacations. What do you do when you are gone? Do you have someone that watches them? I keep putting it off for that reason.
Happy Easter

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, well I will have to ask susan about how she does it. Some she draws and some are stencils I think.
Yes little Jack is growing up so quickly . I know but lucky me I love to do so many things that I know the day will come when Nana house is boring. Lol
My chicks are so much fun. Maulie sits watching them all day.
That was my concern what.to do if we ever have a vacation . Well my neighbor house sits so when we go on vacation he babysits Maulie, Morris and now the chicks. Have a wonderful Easter!!!

Farm Girl said...

I hope you have a very blessed Easter Cheri. What completely lovely eggs. I loved all of your very nice spring and bunny and Easter photos.
I would enjoy visiting with a friend like you do with Dee. What a talented lady she is. Like you.
Enjoy Jack and have a fun weekend.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful eggs and so many beautiful pictures you shared with us.
Happy Easter, my friend.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, Have a nice Easter Hugs cheri

Kim said...

Wow, those are beautiful. Nothing like the ones I remember dying in Sunday School when I was little. Happy Easter

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I love Susan's eggs ! There is no yolk in them so they are light. Hugs cheri
Have a happy Easter!

Mary A said...

I love those eggs! A class in this would be great! Spring is here in California and we are so lucky.