Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Train Show and Primitive Ruggers

Hi Gals, I hope the weather is behaving for you this February.
The weather has been unusually warm this February in Southern California. It seems like an early spring so it's hard to steal some moments away to hook except when I am in class. My garden is blooming so there is a lot to do between weeding and changing plants around in my garden.I am still trying to reduce watering plants because its so expensive.


It was a beautiful weekend as we drove to Del mar near the Pacific Ocean to a train show. There is something about trains that bring out the kid in all of us and I was no exception. Little Jack insisted I walk around with a conductor hat too.So there we were little Jack and his Nana walking around enjoying ourselves looking silly but having fun.


Hubby found a friend Tony who was in a train group he use to belong too so they were chit chatting away about trains.I guess he is joining the club again which will be good for him.


                                                      Taking a break from looking at trains



                                                             


                                                       I had to wear a conductor hat too!



                                                          Grandpa Jack and little Jack


                                                                          Look at all the kids





                                                                Little Jack loved the Popcorn





Hubby was home for three day because of a holiday on Monday.Perfect day to run around pricing gravel to put next to the porch. Today I have been weeding and throwing cement out in my paths to keep the weeds down.



                                            I joined the Quilts by Cheri Friendship Group
                                            on Facebook. Check it out !!
                                            I am going to show this quilt I made with her pattern.
                 
                                         
                                         
                                         



                                                                               Susie
                                                       A new primitive Rug hookers first project.
                                               I think she is doing great!

Ladies working away





Bunny



 Pumpkin Thyme pattern




Love Susan's hooking




I will get caught up with my blogger friends 
posts tonight!



7 comments:

Saundra said...

Goodness Cheri, so much I could write about and will probably forget. First, you did a great job on the quilt, love all the projects you showed everyone else working on.

Oh, since I used to live in the east bay area (San Ramon) I'm very aware of the weather. During my 3 years there recall the drought where we would be fined to use water for the lawn, remember the horrid earthquakes and recall the vast difference in temperatures from San Ramon and the drive to San Francisco. Oh so many great memories.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra,California is such a state with a wide varity of weather. Were having a El Nino which is suppose to give us more storms. But California is still is in a drought. So I have switched to areas of succuents. Today I spread two bags of cement watered it down for my garden paths. I wish water was not so expensive. I miss the old days. Hugs cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Hopefully you will get more rain with El Nino. My son is in the LA area and he's gotten a bit, but it has also been exceptionally warm.
Little Jack is not so little any more. So cute! What a good grandma and grandpa. My grandson loved trains when he was little. Now at almost 11, he just loves the iPad.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, I also love the ipad. We got a bunch a month ago but then it got hot again. This up and down weather is crazy.

Farm Girl said...

Tell me about what do you do with the cement? I have never heard of doing that.
We have so many weeds right now, it is overwhelming. We have cut our water too, and it is so sad, I wish we would get so much more rain. It is so expensive.
I love your quilt! That is so cute. I also like seeing all of the projects from your group. Jack has grown up so much. That train day looks like a fun time.
All of it looks great. Have a lovely day.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Well Farm Girl my girlfriend used some cement stuff on her walkways. Just to keep the dirt down and weeds down. So I am trying doing that on my path. With water being so expensive I am trying to garden wisely and make more paths and more succulents in my garden. I will post a picture when I get done. I just opened the bag and would spread the cement on my path like when your feeding chickens then gently water to set it.

Earlene L. said...

Love your garden and that pumpkin rug!!!!
Nice weather you lucky lady!!!!