Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Holiday Tea at Dee the Woodcarvers home


Dee calls him her Farmer Santa

Come along with me to a time that feel so far away. A time where Life slows down and you feel like your in a very special place with a special lady.Sometimes you just need a cup of soothing tea and a trip to Dee's to quiet your soul.  Today we sat sipping on our tea laughing at my mishaps of this last month


Really I am not kidding it was that kind of month! Living in my eighty five year old house which was made to be a cabin can be really challenging. It seems like there is always something that needs to be done.Hubby was working away on the porch and a piece of wood he was tearing out flapped backwards and a screw punctured his leg. I saw that happening in slow motion. He is Ok but he had to actually sit down because he felt wobbly. He never feels squeamish but he thought he hit a artery. Then there was the propane leak while the plumber was installing a new pipe.It was a interesting month.Lol!

 Next dear Maulie my Shitzu got out of the house and opened the wooden gate.I have seen her push it with her paw when were getting in the car to go some where and but I had no idea she would do it if she got out of the house. The day that happened I thought someone had broken in. Since Maulie was the only thing missing I wondered if someone had taken her. She is so very cute you know.

 

That crazy little dog had gone over to the school yard where we walk her on weekends.  The kids took her to the office and she was in the office all day.  I picked her up at the Crest Elementary school. I aged a year that day!


                                                                  Lost Maulie at school








                                                               Morris and Maulie helping out



                                                            Hubby working away on the porch

We had been working on the porch tearing down the deck so we were using the back door and I must not have locked it good enough. Now my current mishap yep I ran into hubby's truck while I was backing out of the driveway this last Saturday. I totally forgot he was home.  I have been a little scattered to say the least.
I even missed one of the rug hooking Christmas party because of all my projects at home. Talk about a frazzled me.So the thought of seeing Dee's home at Christmas was so inviting to me.I so needed to slow down.

============================================================================



 Dee and her beautiful home was my first holiday get together and it was so relaxing. We listened to some blue grass music that was so charming. It was called Pretty Flowers played by Steve Martin. Dolly Parton and Vince Gill sung this beautiful bluegrass song.The music radiated around her home with us quietly listening.


 Imagine your walking around her charming home your teacup in your hand .It's Christmas time and the small little cookies are yummy and were all chatting away about everything .Emily her kitty is outside wanting to come in. The tea kettle is singing away. Time for another cup of tea. Enjoy!

Farmer Santa and Christmas tree












The stocking was hung










Can you just imagine chatting away tea cup in your hand with Dee




Cute pig

Dee carved this sweet doll




 Dee made the birdhouse


Oh come let us adore him 


It's a quiet cloudy day







Peace and Goodwill to you all!

12 comments:

annie said...

felt like I was there, thanks for sharing the photos
hope things are going better this week at your own home, wow
we have times like that here
just so glad your sweet girl was okay in the office.

Larkrise garden girl said...

It was a crazy month! It's already better . I am off tomorrow to lunch with another girl friend . I had such a fun time at Dee's .

acorn hollow said...

You have had a hard month for sure. But that house is lovely and her carvings are beautiful.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Good grief Cheri, what a month you've had. Maulie probably had a great time at the school and glad she was safe even tho her mom was scared.

Next time at Dee's could you take a picture of that hooked rug that was near the coffee table? I liked what was in view and wonder about the rest.

Merry Christmas

Julia said...

Oh my goodness, you poor girl. What a month you had. I'm so glad it's getting better. I really think that your friend Dee has such a calming effect on you. She's like sweet balm for your soul when things gets rough.
Is Dee making most of her decorations? What a cute farmer Santa and I love that pig. She is so talented...

Your husband, the poor guy, has had it rough, first a screw in the leg and then having his truck backed in, but I think the propane leak could have been more disastrous. Thank goodness it was caught in time... and poor Maulie gone to school. lol.. That is so funny in a way but I'm so glad you found her. No wonder you have been frazzled.

I hope that the rest of December will be a slower pace with only God's choicest blessings for you and your family.
Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. I so appreciate you.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi gals, I thought I would explain my lack of blogging. Lol
Things are good now were going to a Christmas party on friday and
Today I am off with Linda! Hugs to you all

Larkrise garden girl said...

Yes Saundra I will take a picture of Dee's rug next time. Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a lovely home, all decorated for Christmas...Dee has a special talent that is for sure...I love the log cabin Birdhouse...I do hope your husband is on the mend...Now Miss Maulie on the other hand...do you think Maulie thought you had gone over to the school? Thank goodness she was found and in one piece!!! Wishing you calmer days ahead...Merry Christmas...

Larkrise garden girl said...

Maulie has separation anxiety . She paws at the doors til the paint peels. I try to leave Morris in the house and the tv going. She was probably pretending she was on a walk and looking Hubby was better after it quit bleeding he kept working. Finished the porch. Dee is a very talented and artistic person. Have a great Christmas!

Farm Girl said...

What a lovely day, it did sound like you needed one of those. I have been the same way, just not keeping it together. One day, I couldn't remember when was the last time I had fed my chickens??? So I know not to mention your poor husband getting hurt. That would make me pretty shaky.
I hope you have lots of peaceful time soon.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Farm girl , I just think it was one of those things in Life! I just have to feed my gold fish lol. Have a Merry Christmas hugs cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm so happy that Maulie was found safe and sound. I'm sure you were in a panic.
May the rest of the month and the new year be free of mishaps :)
Thanks for sharing more of Dee's home. It is wonderful.
Hugs :)
Lauren