Thursday, October 29, 2015

My little camera ghost at Dee's

 Once upon a time there was a little camera ghost that hopped a ride to Dee's home with me. Now there are ghosts all over the world in really old houses but in Southern California your home doesn't have to be a hundred years old for a ghost to be seen.
My camera ghost
What is that circle?



All my pictures had problems as I downloaded them it was like Halloween was here a couple days early. What would I see when I opened the door a hooked rug a little doll or sweet Dee with her cute chuckle as I entered her home.

Now that I think about it I was Trick or Treating early! I entertained Dee with stories of my little feisty Nana who always reminded me of a mean banty hen.That was my Trick!
I think sometimes I can be a little bit of a comic when I have a captive audience. Dee only had to laugh a little bit which just encouraged me even more to tell my crazy childhood stories.


I was trying to get Dee to laugh 




Little kids are not the only ones that like to Trick or Treat. Dee had a big bag of goodies that she would add to when ever she walked by the front of the door for me.It had been so hot so we kept waiting for the weather to change before I visited her home. Lucky me my bag kept getting bigger. I could hardly wait to see what my Trick or Treat brown bag would hold.





Lovely

















                                           Dee wanted to see what my finished rug looked like








  Antique sampler

There was Rose hips and gourds and gently used 
mystery books a darling book for little Jack and a little cloth cow.
Country catalogs and little cute wooden hearts and so much more. 
                                                                           
                                                             Thanks Dee for the fun morning!
                                                               

Happy Halloween from Maulie

10 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
I truly loved the visit with your friend Dee!!! She has such a beautiful home and I'm sure you enjoyed every minute!! I noticed a little doll hanging on a chair in the photo with her by the fireplace and wonder if she got it in Temecula? Your rug looks just perfect in her home too!!!
Thank you so much for sharing with us!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Kim said...

Wow, her place is amazing. So many interesting things - everywhere! Hope Maulie has a safe Halloween. Love that bee costume. Abby has a devil costume but the little devil won't wear it

Julia said...

Good Morning Cheri. You had a lovely visit with Dee. I was so glad you included her picture. She looks like a lovely lady with a kind heart. You got a big bag of goodies and Maulie looks just too cute in her Halloween costume.

I had to laugh at the camera ghost.

It's windy this morning and the leaves are flying off the trees after a big heavy rain . If the wind continues through out the day maybe I won't have to rake or mulch the leaves.
Happy Halloween.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi gals , thanks for all the nice comments. Julie I have no idea where Dee got the doll .Kim I bet Abby will hopefully let you put her outfit on for a quick picture. Julia oh your weather sounds perfect!!! Hugs cheri Have a fun Halloween!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Good afternoon Cheri...what a wonderful friend and what a wonderful home...so much to look at and take in...Your rug looks quite nice right where it is, has it found a home with Dee? Maulie looks so cute in her costume...Happy Halloween!!

Saundra said...

I could see the orb very clearly. One year at the Victorian hotel The Chalfonte I was able to capture numerous orbs. I believe they are ghosts, angels or spirit of some sort. Was nice to finally see Dee, I've enjoyed her home (thanks to you) but don't recall ever seeing her in one of the photos until now. Thanks for the visit.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra we stayed at the Copper Queen Hotel in Bisbee Arizona on vacation.I had no idea they had ghost sighting. The rooms were victorian and I scared myself after I found out that it was haunted. Lol. It was weird how that circle picture at Dee's was taken as
I was leaving and then I took two pictures more pictures of the outside of the house.There was no circle crazy Halloween☺️

Rugs and Pugs said...

Thanks for a tour. Dee's home is WONDERFUL!
Happy Halloween :)
Lauren

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Please tell my sweet Dee that I miss her letters and photos! and give her a big hug form all of us here at Notforgotten Farm ~ Thank you for sharing a bit of her with us again :)
Lori

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lori ,I will tell Dee , she is such a positive person. It is always fun to visit her she is so creative , hugs cheri