Monday, September 28, 2015

Still waiting for Fall to begin in Southern California



Another heat wave!
I wish I could say that the weather feels like fall but this week summer came back.  Hot weather just  keeps sticking around Crest. Once again the only dampness I am feeling is the sweat on my brow.I am trying to force feelings of fall by sipping on Pumpkin Spice black tea.Maybe that will help. Lol!



 Come on Summer give us a break!



Darling!


I went to rug hooking last week but the only person that showed up was Janet. So Janet held up my rug for me to take a picture for the gals that were missing.

Today my
hubby is watching football sitting in his easy chair air conditioner blasting away.
  Poor Maulie is sleeping in her little bed and Morris is outside .

I have decided to work on a rug pattern from last year .I think it was in a magazine but I can't remember which one it was.  
  The fun begins gathering my dark wool's for the background of the primitive rug.   I just noticed the white on the stocking hat is just too white.Time to rip!
 .





                                               
                                                                   Fall at the Country Loft


I brought my rug to show and tell but only Janet was at 
rug hooking.




This rug is from last year at Christmas time.
 I am going to work on it this fall



                                                                 One of my ideas is to have
                                                      Maulie my Shitzu be on the other side
                                                      of the Christmas tree.


                                                           Fixing an old family hooked rug



                                                A piece of linen is needed to start repairs


                                                                One of Michele's quilts



                                          Last nights blood moon looking out from my deck

                                                          The beginning of the blood moon
                                                                   



                                                    We looked to the stars and it was amazing

                                                                    Have a great week!

7 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

LOVE the colors in your kitty!
It was cloudy here so we didn't get to see the moon :(
Hope fall finds its way to you soon.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning!
I am so tired of this heat wave too. So ready for fall. Though this morning the weather man said there is a change coming.
I love your rugs. That one you are fixing looks wonderful. It must just be lovely to have a store like that to go visit.
Your pictures of the moon are lovely.
I hope you have a great week.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
Such wonderful goodies at the Country Loft!! Wish I lived closer!! Love those pumpkin people and all those pumpkins!!!
Your rug is so sweet with the kitties and I really love the other one you are working on too!!! I also have a soft spot for cats!!!
We are still hot here too......90's plus this week!!! Sure can't wait for those cooler temps to get here!!!
Take care and have a wonderful week!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi gals i love the Country loft is always makes me feel happy looking at all the goodies! Hopefully it will start to cool down soon. Hugs cheri

acorn hollow said...

love your rugs. We are into the fall weather and really I love it just not the snow that is coming.
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Cathy , your so lucky to have real fall weather. It is finally cooling down. Thank goodness. Hugs cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a great shop the Country Loft is so many wonderful goodies...I love your rugs, I'm interested in seeing how you patch the old rug...sure wish I lived closer...Autumn has arrived in New England 42 degrees this morning...Pie making season is upon us!!!...Hope your daughter is doing well...sending greetings from Maine, Julie...