Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Primitive Rug hooking at the Country loft

Well it's been a busy couple of days!
I love this doll at the Country Loft

 Tuesday I really enjoyed my time at the Country Loft.The gals and I were rug hooking away for a couple of hours .The rain finally started to come down and it was wonderful!We need the rain so bad in California.This drought is really doing a number on our state.Nurseries are going out of business because of the water restrictions and it seems like this is how it's going to be for awhile.
That is one of the things I envy about everyone back east cool weather. You can really enjoy hooking away when there is snow on the ground and cold weather arrives.The atmosphere is perfect for sitting with a cup of tea and hooking away.It's harder to hook away when it's super sunny outside.
 I know I get inspired every time we meet for hooking which I need.
We ended up having rain for two days off and on so for us that feels like fall.


                                                           It's going in the bedroom





I finished hooking my three cat meows thank goodness but then I noticed the rug wasn't looking square so as usual I had to get the ruler out and make it square. I have the most difficult time even if I hook the outline of my rug it still gets wonky. Does anyone else have that problem? I still have to put the binding on.


                                                    I am bringing out my fall hooked rugs
                                                    This is when I started hooking and tried
                                                     an uneven border so it had depth.
                                                    I wanted to add the cat and pumpkins
                                                                  I like it.

This is a quick post since I am behind with everything today. I had an eye doctor appointment this morning.I got my eyes dilated and I was shocked I have cataracts in both eyes.Yikes!! No wonder I kept telling hubby I can't see when I am driving at night. At least I can see close up but that explains why I have been feeling like that old cartoon character Mr.Magoo.So I am getting new glasses with bifocals until I have to have surgery.  Oh I have arrived. I am officially getting older.I don't feel like I am in my early 60's but  apparently my eyes feel like they are.


Enough of my silly complaining here are some pictures of what everyone has been doing at the Primitive Ruggers group that Donna created at the Country Loft. Enjoy!!
Mary's rug








Donna made such a nice rug







Sandy finished the Santa




quilt 



                                                                cute pillow pattern



                                                             That's it for now have a great weekend
                                                              hugs Cheri

10 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Your rugs are wonderful! Love the uneven border on the house rug...lots of fun things to see in that rug! Great looking pumpkin head! We are hot and humid here. Wish I could send some rain your way...we've had plenty!
Robyn

Kim said...

I love the colours in your piece. It's just so cheerful. Life seems so busy I just can't find time to hook regularly

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Robyn , thanks for the nice compliments. Were humid too !!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Kim, life is crazy busy but i force myself to finish something. Your working outside your house so you have less time. I think you achieve alot plus a new puppy . Have a great weekend!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your 3 Meows is fun but I absolutely adore your house and windmill rug. Love the wonky border.
I'm happy to hear you got a bit of rain. I know how you desperately need it.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Lauren, it gets taken out every fall .

acorn hollow said...

love your work you have been busy.
I am behind in eye doctor appointments so now I wonder.
Cathy

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning Cheri!
I love, love, love your rugs! I love that one with the different border. I tried something like that with my last border and I just loved it. I think your three meows is wonderful. I am so glad you got some rain. We got a little bit and it made it so nice.
I hope all is well. Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting my blog. I loved what you said.
Have a wonderful Thursday.

Saundra said...

Cheri, my rugs never ever look square even tho I usually do a couple rows of hooking to try and achieve that at the outer edge. Love your rugs, the cats rug will look cute in the bedroom I'm sure. And that fall rug with the wonky bottom is wunnerful!!!!!!!! Thanks for the rug show.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

I just love nice compliments! It encouages me to try harder. Cathy i noticed that I was getting a glare from lights more then normal and i would see a flash of a a circle when i opened my eyes . It was weird. Anyhow i have a busy weekend I am busy babysitting little Jack while his mommy goes on a yarn crawl. I hope she has fun. I am glad i am not the only one that struggles with borders. cheri