Thursday, September 3, 2015

August just flew by but left behind some Turkeys



Still working away on my three cat meows



Well as I sit here typing away what can I say I miss you all.  My daughter was really ill this month.  Between going to the hospital driving back and forth taking care of my grandson picking him up at preschool driving in crazy traffic it wasn't a day at the beach.But I am happy to be at home.
 In Crest we had hundred degree weather and humidity. I am so happy to say it is cooler this week.It is slowly starting to feel like fall.

 August was so much stress but I am finally going to be able to sit down and reconnect with every one's blogs this weekend.In all the times my only daughter has been ill this was totally the scariest. Megan is home still having difficulties but hopefully this soon shall pass.Thanks for all the kind prayers for our family.
      I am sure I have told you I once plucked a whole wild turkey when I lived in
     Wyoming





 I met up with some wonderful  friends and now I am back feeling like I have something to talk about!

 My Hubby was up at a week long class in Sacramento so he took some pictures of turkeys he was seeing all over the place.


Next week is rug hooking hopefully I can attend and get some rug hooking pictures.But here are some quick pics of my primitive rug and a older rug that I am going to repair made by a relative of my mother in law Alice.


                                             



I love this rug I am working on 












                                  I am going to remove the old yarn and put a piece of burlap
                                  and stitch it down and then rehook.






13 comments:

Kim said...

I'm sorry Megan has been ill again. Hopefully she will be up and around soon. Your rug is so cute and whimsical.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks kim. I love your puppy!

acorn hollow said...

So sorry your daughter has been sick I hope she is on the mend. Love your turkeys we have some that cut through our yard now and then. Love your rug.
cathy

Saundra said...

Sorry your daughter is still having health issues but hopefully she is on the road too recovery and your stress will subside. Love your 3 kittens and remember you telling me you were working on kittens too. Will have great interest in seeing the repair of the wonderful antique rug. Hope you share.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks for all the kind thoughts . I sure like this rug i am working on. I am hoping to have it done by next Tuesday in time for rug hooking group at the country loft.

Farm Girl said...

Hi Cheri,
I am so sorry your daughter has been sick. I know how hard that is on you as a Mom, not to mention driving in traffic in the heat.
I do hope it stays cooler don't you? I love your rug!! I think the one you are repairing is wonderful too.
I will be praying for your family. I am so sorry. It has sure been a hard summer hasn't it?

Julia said...

Dear Cheri, I'm so sorry about your daughter having been so ill again. I' can't imagine all the stress you're going through. i sure hope that she feeling better by now.

I've been just so busy and work late every night and can't make it to all the blogs and i try to at least comment on the one who leave comments.

I hope that it gets cooler and I'll keep you and The family in my prayers.
BIG HUGS for courage.

JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks farm girl this has been a hard summer . Hopefully fall will be better!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri,
It breaks my heart to hear about your daughter, but thankfully she is home. Se is so lucky she can depend on you for much needed help. I will keep you both in my prayers.
Your rug is so much fun. Hopefully you will have it done by next week's hooking.
Love the turkey pictures. You should hook Not Forgotten Farms "Old Tom". Just another fun pattern.
Glad your temps are more tolerable.
Happy Labor Day.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren and Julia, thank you for your prayers i sure appreciate that. One thing that keeps me plugging away is keeping busy and i sure enjoy seeing what I can create with a little piece of wool. Hugs cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to you, your daughter and her family...So good that you can care for Jack, one less thing your daughter has to worry about...I know it must be very stressful for all...Love your rug, very whimsical...and love the turkeys too! Have a lovely weekend...Hugs from Maine, Julie...

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thank you Julie in Maine . What a lovely state. Hugs cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri,
I know your life has been crazy, but did you see you won the Celebration book? I sent you an email but see that you are a "no reply blogger" so you never got it. Please email me your snail mail address so I can get it mailed out.
Hugs :)
Lauren