Monday, August 3, 2015

Primitive rug hooking on a hot August day


                                                                I love this sign at the Country Loft


Am I crazy or what I have been rug hooking on this hot day just to finish a little bit more of my three cat rug. I saw all these antique three cat rugs patterns and decided to go in a little different direction. Usually it's three black cats but I just felt inspired to use what I liked. Sometimes your wool's dictate how the rug will turn out. At first it was a mess as I scribbled flowers hearts and words not sure where I was going with it . Now I like it so I am plugging away.I have made it my own.


                             Here are some pictures of whats been going on with the gals.

Michele finished her beautiful cross stitch


Apples




quilts



Log cabin 


Janice adding a bear



Pam's rug hooking



Country Loft





Three Meows still working away on it




                                                               The hawk is back






                                                    A purple black and blue cat oh my!            





8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

wow that has been a lot of creativity going on! I need a shot of that I have been in a huge slump.
Cathy

Saundra said...

As usual, I love your hooking and such an adorable design too. Love your hooking style m'dear.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
Yes, I am one of those crazy people who hooks in hot weather too!! I have to admit that I do it with the AC going though!!
Love all your photos and so many fun projects going on!
Your cat rug is darling! I am really into cats lately too!! Guess you can never have too many cats!
Hope you have a great week and try to stay cool!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi everybody thanks for the nice compliments.hugs cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Fun rug!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farm Girl said...

I love your three cat rug! It looks nice and happy. Your garden is beautiful! That is a lovely hawk. You got really good pictures of him.
I love all of the projects of your friends you shared.
Yes, hooking when it is hot is so hard. There is something that makes me stop when the sweat starts running down my legs. :)
I wish I had a place that sold wool like the place you go to. That would be so wonderful.
Have a lovely weekend, Cheri.

Julia said...

Good morning Cheri, your rug hooking pattern and style is so uniquely you. I love it. So many rug hookers can't find their style as the copy everyone else and you have nailed your style so beautifully. I can recognize it as soon as I see one of your rugs. That's style.... hooking in the heat takes the fun out of hooking for me. I don't have an A/C.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I've been so very busy these days that I was just wasted by evening. I flew to Ottawa in Ontario to my daughter Christine and I'm enjoying a new life style for a week and it feels so relaxing and peaceful. No more getting up before the sun for a week. I was ready to have a wee vacation.

Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Julia, have a fun time with your daughter.