Thursday, July 23, 2015

A beautiful hawk and a little rug hooking





He is sitting on a bird house Jack made
Be sure and click the picture for a slide show





 It's the middle of the night and I am wide awake and still I can't sleep.
 The weather has been so humid and hot so I thought I might write a quick post of my day. 
Today I saw this beautiful hawk emitting a loud cry over and over. I was able to take some pictures of it. Maybe somebody who is a birder can tell me if it is a Broad wing hawk or a Red tail hawk?

 I love seeing wildlife and it may be a simple hawk but I sure enjoyed watching him.Last night a raccoon got into our trash what a mess! Someone has a sheep near by I can hear it when the windows are open at night.Can you tell that in San Diego county were having a humid summer.Too hot to sleep!

                                                       The hawk was calling out over and over









                                                                      The hawk took off






                                                          One of the ladies finished her rug



                                                                I thought she did a great job


                                                         I like this rug another hooker is making

 

                                                Well I am finally tired! hugs cheri
                                                 

                                                                          Maulie


                                           






9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

very pretty hawk but sadly they eat the little birds that come to feeders.
Love the hooking
Cathy

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, I'm sorry you're having difficulty sleeping in that humid heat. It's not hot here but it was humid last night and I didn't slept good either and now I'm tired too.


I'm not sure what type of hawk it is but he sure is a nice bird of pray. I bet the heat bothers him too.

The rugs looks good. I love the simple design of that sunflower rug.
I started an abstract rug but seldom have time to hook. I've been working on clipping a long broad neglected hedge and it's so high that I have to climb on a ladder to clip the tops. Bothe sides have pretty well been clipped. My yard work is never done. Now I still have weeding and lawn mowing to do and not enough time between all the many task I have to do. By the end of the day I'm so tired.

Hope you sleep better tonight.
Hugs,
JB

Julia said...

I forgot to say how sweet that Maulie is. She must feel the heat too poor thing.

JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi gals, we have had alot of birds lately because we have a ton of birdhouses. I think wildlife is coming closer because of the need for water it's so hot. We did have a bunch of rain but it still was hot. Maulie Brown got a summer cut in May she was completely short haired but it grew back. She still is not as fluffy as she is in winter. I made her the kerchief she wore it on the 4th of July.My next post will be about the 4th of july parade in Crest! Then i will be caught up for a little while. Lol!
I normally see red tail hawks flying in the park across the street but this hawk doesn't look like my normal red tail hawk.Morris got two babyrabbits in our yard lately and i have been seeing squirrels across the street.For us thats alot of wildlife.

Saundra said...

I didn't notice any red in the hawk's tail but maybe it was the angle of the photo. There are red tail hawks in my neighborhood and when I hear their cries immediately think of Native American lore. Also hope they miss my yard as I love my bunnies.

Love the sunflower hooked piece and Maulie looks sweet. And thanks for the kind words you gave me on my son's rug.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra, Maybe it's not a red tail . It has a large wingspan. Your rugs are beautiful!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great pictures - of the hawk and Maulie.
That sunflower rug is just plain sweet.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful photos of the hawk. Have you read the book H is for Hawk--suppose to be the best book for the year 2015

Larkrise garden girl said...

I will have to see if our library has that book, thanks