Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Joann Mullaly and Wool Crazy

This is a quick post the quilt pics will be for Friday
I am going to Wool Crazy class in a couple of seconds. JoAnn Mullaly wrote a fabulous book called Wool Crazy it was a series of block that made a large quilt. As usual I went in my own direction and added things that pertained to my life. So instead of four blocks I have one block,

 I just cut out a large brown moose and  need  to draw a girl being chased by it to add to the stories of my life.
 Joann was the nicest person and teacher and I enjoyed that class so very much.If you can get your hands on the book you will see most of these cute wool patterns.It is a great book.
So before I go to the big wool stash in Heaven I sure hope it's there!! I have to finish this quilt. Can you see why I am not done I just keep adding more wool to the sides. No wonder I am so slow.

There is the moose I cut out at the top . I am not sure where I am going to place him. JoAnn is and was so talented(she retired) and I remember when the book came out how exciting it was! Well back to class with a new bunch of ladies.I feel like a newbie lol.

4 comments:

Julia said...

That looks like a lot of work. I did a crazy patch quilt once using cotton remnant of my sewing projects.
It was all done by hand in the winter and it kept me warm during the cold winter months. It was such a fun project.
Good luck with your class.

Looking forward to see it finished.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia I had put this quilt away in my pile of things to do and decided enough . I have to finish this!!
I bet your quilt was lovely,hugs cheri

annie said...

just wanted to drop by and say, I love your project!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Annie, have a nice weekend. Hugs cheri