Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Copyright Infringement

Hi Back to larkrise readers. Cheri's daughter here to tell you of some disturbing news. Cheri is fine although quite upset when she discovered late last night someone has been stealing her blog entries and posting on their own blog.  All of her content from the start of this blog to her break in December has been copied and used as if it was their blog.  As her daughter I completely and beyond angry, this blog has been such a blessing for my mom. She has always been an excellent story teller and watching this blog grow, reading about what she is up to and being so proud of how what a great photographer she as become has been a beautiful thing to witness.  This blog has given my mom a voice, its created new friendships, and amazing support in times of crisis.  I am so proud of my mom. I am not going to post the blog this scumbag has created because I do not want him getting any increase in viewers.  Please note that if the blog address is anything other than www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com it is not my moms.  If you come across any blog that appears familiar but does not show that address in the toolbar than it is not my moms blog.  In her "about me" section it lists her as Larkrise garden girl, if you come across the other blog and that is not in the about me section it is not her blog.  We have contacted google and are hoping they can help in this matter.  All content is copyrighted to my mom and infringement is not going to be taken lightly.  It would be one thing if regular blog stuff happens for instance liking an entry and linking it on your own blog is pretty normal.  Copying the entire screen, all her entries, and comments is NOT acceptable.  Ok so now that I've got that off of my chest I'd like to tell you a little bit more about how awesome my mom is.

My mom is one of the kindest souls you will ever meet, she sees the best in everyone even when not everyone deserves it, she is helpful always going the extra mile, she is incredibly smart, intuitive, creative, compassionate, beautiful inside and out.  She has and incredible amount in faith and when I stumble and feel like the world is closing in because of my health problems she is always there to remind me that God is with me, I can lean on him and through him and with him I can conquer anything.  Granted I don't always listen (only child syndrome) but her faith has never wavered even when I have struggled with my own. She is consistent, calming, and wildly talented.  When she sets her mind to something oh boy look out because she is going to get it done.  This is definitely one of her traits that I have inherited and I'm better for it.  She is an avid reader devouring books as long as I can remember.  I have so many childhood memories of being with my mom in a library, always going to new libraries and checking out the different reading programs and contests for kids.  Being the overachiever I am I never had a problem meeting summer reading challenges long before the summer was over.  I still have some of my little "reading" medals.  My mom always encouraged me to do my best and be kind.  She is a kind kind soul.  I mentioned earlier that I have been very proud to see her photography grow and improve since the blog started.  What you may not know is that her father (my Tata) was an avid photographer and even had his own darkroom in the garage.  I was often the "model" for his pictures while he played with lightening and new gadgets.  At the time I was bored out of my mind and really wanted to get to the fun stuff in the dark room watching the photos develop. I still remember the smell of that yucky fluid but boy oh boy did magic happen in that room. I imagine him in heaven looking down on my mom and relishing in the fact that she takes her camera everywhere she goes.  I know he would be as proud of her as I am.  As you have learned from her blog she is also an avid gardener and much of my childhood was spent going from nursery to nursery never leaving empty handed.  I have a black thumb and am lucky to keep succulents alive but I've always admired the way she has worked with the land slowly developing her vision of a English country garden.  Oh and boy does she love English stories.  We argue over who the best Darcy is from pride and prejudice, clearly Colin Firth wins out but the other guy didn't do a bad job.  On a side note every time my best friend and I get together the first thing we do is watch the new Pride and Prejudice gleefully laughing and the nutty Mr. Collins, both of us dated the same guy in high school who was as inept as Mr. Collins but still makes Mr. Collins look like George Clooney.  I don't think I would have be interested in that movie it it wasn't for my mom. Watching Emma, and Sense and Sensibility made me realize maybe my mom was onto something.

I had a great childhood filled with trunks of dress up clothes, tea parties, stories, adventures, camping, long road trips filled with endless antique shopping that I naturally as a child hated yet now love as an adult. If anything I always learn things the hard way. I have a funny story about one of our family road trips.  We were headed up the California Coast to go to Morro Bay, Cambria and during a last minute change of plans Solvang.  As a child Morro Bay was awesome they had a cool shell shop, lots of yummy fried clams, and my dad and I would spend hours climbing over rocks looking for crabs and shells.  I LOVED Morro Bay.  Cambria was neat because the garden store she liked also sold yummy smelling sachets of flowers and had an awesome funky art shop that let my imagination run wild.  Ok so now Solvang.......as a child I detested it with all of my being. There was nothing cool there I always said "its just filled with old people and t-shirt shops" I HATED Solvang.  So we are in the car headed for Morro Bay and my mom says "hey lets go to Solvang." If I could of flopped on the floor and thrown a temper tantrum I would have, I could practically taste the fried clams and there we were headed for the worst place on earth.  So I begrudgingly grumpled and sulked the whole day until we were finally on the way to Morro Bay.  For some reason we came into Morro Bay from a different direction than normal and there was this awesome beach and on the other side of the road an antique shop.  We stopped and instead of my mom going to the antique store and Dad and I going to the beach mom went with me to the beach.  So we are walking along the beach. I am happy as a clam finding shells and cool rocks when suddenly she spies a rock sticking out of the waves close to shore. She dares me to go touch it so naturally I take the challenge.  BAD IDEA!!!  So the rock that was sticking out was hiding the rest of its voluptuous body covered in mussels and barnacles.  I sliced my foot to pieces. Like literally shredded my entire foot and I was pissed.  Naturally my mom kind as she is, is laughing hysterically.  To make matters worse we are a long walk from the car. So I'm hobbling to the car, bleeding everywhere, sand grinding into my wound (which at the time might as well been a shark bite).  Knowing this whole time that nothing good was going to happen when I got to the car.  Lets just say that when dad had to clean a boo-boo you would have preferred to get an infection.  My dad was thorough so he is pouring water over my sand encrusted bloody foot and just scrubbing it clean.  I wanted to die and the entire time I blamed Solvang, because if we wouldn't have gone to Solvang this would never have happened (emotional jr high logic at its finest).

Fast forward to 2000, I get engaged in Cambria, I eat clams in Morro Bay and we climb all over the rocks looking for crabs and shells, we buy creepy shell art from the sea shell store, we go to Solvang because by now I am an avid fiber enthusiast and Solvang has an AMAZING fiber arts store.  I find Solvang quaint and peaceful, I enjoy the ice cream and people watching, we visit the San Miguel mission and are humbled by its beauty.  I said "yes" to the rest of my life on that road trip.  Up the coast now as an adult reliving those trips from a different point of view.  That decision has led to my marriage of almost 14 years and our miracle baby son.  I cringe thinking back on what a brat I was, how I must have driven my parents insane, how if Jack did that I would be so irritated and I laugh because my mom always knows best, even when I don't believe her she just does.

Last but not least (shes sitting on the couch looking at me and this long post with a concerned look LOL)  my mom is a Nana and shes the best darned Nana to my son.  He adores her, they are totally in-cahoots all the time and when he comes home with some new adventure to tell me his face lights up.  My parents were amazing parents and watching my son with them is the greatest gift I could have.   My son considers going to Nana's house as fun as going to Disneyland. Seeing the two of them together is hilarious and I love every minute.

So if you've made it this far down I appreciate it and I know my mom appreciates and loves all of your comments.  If I have learned anything from my mom is that even though things or actions can be bad or upsetting it doesn't stop the good from being present in your life.  So even with the bad actions of one individual I wanted to write a love letter to my mom because she is the embodiment of good and love and light.  I love you mom and I'm proud of you. - Megan

16 comments:

marie said...

Beautiful post. What a tribute to your Mom. It makes my heart smile when I hear/read about the wonderful relationships people have with their mothers, not all of us are so lucky.
Sorry about the copyright stuff. Why do people have to do that, it's so shameful.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful post. You're going to make me cry.
You mom is even more amazing than I could possibly have imagined. She is so lucky to have you for a daughter and you are so lucky to have her for a mom its :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Megan has left with little Jack and I am sitting here thinking who the writer in the family is. That was sweet and kind Megan. thanks for helping out today with my blog . I feel like a dinosaur when it comes to the technical part.
Now I can finally sit down and hook!

Saundra said...

Cheri I love the things you post about and of course you KNOW I admire your natural naïve hooking talent. Cannot imagine why someone would do that. Obviously it is someone who has no life and wants to steal yours. While copying is supposedly a form of admiration I'm sure you feel terribly violated and am sorry for that. Hopefully you haven't lost faith in the rest of us and will continue to share your heart and thoughts. Sorry for what has happened to you.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Saundra , it has been fun. I just can't imagine why someone would be so hurtful. The time we all spend sharing our lives and making friends seems rather disturbing someone didn't do that in their own life . I always get inspiration from everyone and always think my struggles will help someone else.
I have watched you develop into such a talent and am amazed by what you do with wool. Aren't we the lucky ones finding the simple joy of hooking a little piece wool thru a piece of linen. Hugs Cheri

acorn hollow said...

what a lovely post about your mom. I am so that someone has stolen your content and I hope it is all resolved soon for your peace of mind.
Cathy

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, how does this happen? what type of people do this? and is there a way to catch him/her? This I know, you have raised your daughter well and she in return adores and wants to protect her mother...Little Jack is the icing on the cake... Please don't lose faith, your friend from Maine...Julie...

wendyytb said...

You have acquired some of your moms talent. Lovely post!

Danice said...

Scraping content from someone else's site/blog is just so wrong. It is stealing. So sorry this has happened to your mom. What a loving tribute post to her.

Julia said...

Cheri, I've been on a blogger brake but this morning I had to leave a comment here. Being violated like this is so disturbing. I hope that Blogger can set things right for you. You certainly don't deserve this.

I'm so glad Megan has come out and wrote you this love letter for us to read. You must be so proud of her.
She paints a pretty amazing picture of you.
Take care and keep going.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks everybody for all the support! I am bummed about this person stealing my words and pictures but life goes on and I have things to do today!
Today I am off to summers past again to meet my friend Linda. We always have fun together .
Megan is a wonderful writer. It must be all those years of college.
Megan was an overachiever was working full time as a cultural resources manager . Then was going for her Masters degree when she started having puzzling health problems it ended being MS.MS After she had Jack they discovered additional immune diseases.
Watching her struggles hospilization one after another and Jacks birth has been heart breaking as a mom. But God is always there. My blog was a way to show my self that "look Cheri there are still good moments" sometimes when your in the dark leading someone out when you have no answers searching out happy moments is what you have to do!
Life is good and also hard at times when you have no answers but blessing do happen when you least expect it.
Little Jack has given my over achieving daughter a new purpose you can't focus on your problems when you have a pre schooler needing you. Sometimes the dark hard times of health issues seem to break a person but I have faith that God will always be there no matter . I believe That there is something all of us have a purpose to do before this life is over even if it's just to make someone smile . All of you have made me smile today. Thanks Cheri

Kim said...

I'm speechless. How could this even happen?? and why? And how did you discover it??
You raised a good one with Megan. Her post was beautiful xoxo

Larkrise garden girl said...

I have no clue Kim and why. There are some people in this life who just mean. Oh well I am listening to my doves that coo every day in my front yard.there is a bird fight over a bird house I was given and Maulie is munching on a bone . Sounds like a good way to start the day.
Hugs cheri

Farm Girl said...

I am so sorry for your Mom and her blog. You are so right your Mom is amazing and so kind. I just can't believe someone would be so horrible to do that.
I do hope Google does something about it. I am so glad you let us know.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri and Megan,
First, I am so sorry this happened!!! I do hope Google can do something about it for you!!
Second, your blog tribute to your mom was truly beautiful and was such a blessing to read!! Both of you have impacted each other and in turn, have now impacted all who read it!! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!!
I have so enjoyed my visits with you and appreciate the times you have visited my blog and left some encouraging words for me!!
Please take care and may this all be resolved for you soon!!
Warmest Hugs and Blessings to you both~
Julie

Kathy Phillips said...

Cheri,

I am really sorry someone has stolen your words and pictures. I don't know what they expect to gain from taking what is yours, but they are the lowest form of low! I hope they will be punished for it. Megan wrote a beautiul tribute to you, and both of you make all of us smile!

Kathy