Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving behind us and the Christmas season beginning Oh Joy!



 I am so thankful that Thanksgiving is over and now I can officially enjoy the Christmas spirit without feeling too guilty.


 When you decorate in November you start to feel like a race horse that took off before the race began. I am not a crazy shopper or anything crazy like that. I just love having Christmas lights on all over my home it feels so nice and serene. Morris laying next to my little Christmas trees all lit up with my primitive decorations is such a sweet picture. I think Maulie needs a new dog bed for Christmas this year!
 Most of my decorations are handmade by friends, so such happy memories flood back as I decorate my little old yellow house for the holidays.

 I found an old door last weekend and had hubby make a stand and I painted it milk paint barn red. It's missing some windows but I think it adds some character.
I love Pinterest, I saw what they were doing with old doors so I thought I would paint my old useless door a nice old barn red and be able to re purpose it somehow as a screen blind for my front room.
I will  share a picture when I have it all set up.
I accidentally started decorating early this year before Thanksgiving. I started bringing out one plastic bin and then another then next thing I know I had decorated the house for Christmas. I am now trying feverishly to get my hooking projects that are Christmas related done. Last year was a snowman and this year my hooking project is a Christmas cat .



I have been working away on a Lori pattern of a Christmas kitty. It is such a cute pattern and better yet it was free. I shared it with some other hookers and I am curious if any one else in Donna's Rugger's group will have their Christmas kitty done.




                                                                   My Morris
                                                           I changed the pattern a little bit.
                                                           Still working away on it.




Tomorrow I am going with my family to Disneyland for my daughters birthday. It should be a wonderful day.  Disneyland will be decorated for the holidays which will be nice to see. My daughter Megan loves Disneyland and that is her favorite place to go for her birthday. I have my comfy shoes all ready! Talk about a marathon of walking on Sunday!
Sweater knit by Jan


The weather forecaster says its going to rain so hopefully it won't be too rainy.Poor Maulie is going to be babysat by Morris all day.

                                                Ready to see what the gals have been doing. Enjoy!
 Another sheep this time made by Jan

So cute


Mary is working on this cute pattern






These two chickens are part of a long table runner

I love her colors




Michele is working away







I liked these candle holders at the Country Loft


Cute snowman






The Country Loft is decorated for Christmas

I love this Santa
hugs Cheri

2 comments:

Saundra said...

Love your last year's snowman as well as your added touch of the Christmas tree to the Santa Claws design by Lori.

Enjoyed what the other gals are working on and all the holiday trimmings. It is always a treat when I visit your blog.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra I look at my turkey rug hooking and I cringe then I look at some current rugs and think maybe I am improving.🐑