Friday, October 3, 2014

Welcome friends it's October at Dee's home in California

                                                      Come on in friends and family

                                                                 


Take off your shoes grab a cup of tea picture yourself sitting in a girlfriends home and just relax. It's fall at Dee's home. Monday I went over to show her how my primitive hook rugs are progressing and as usual my friend Dee was so encouraging of my rugs We both love to share what were working on and always I get great ideas to run home with. Dee has a great personality she is so bubbly has a great laugh! I love having friends with such positive ways of looking at Life.Like all of us bloggers she has    so much enthusiasm for all her projects it can't help but rub off on you.
From Dee's love for finding a good thrift store bargain to her endless stream of friends and family that visit her home she is truly a blessed woman Dee doesn't carve as much as she use to but she still whittles a heart or a pumpkin or two.I brought over a succulent plant for her to enjoy in her garden.
 We both seem to talk at once when were visiting and always laugh alot. Of course in the middle of talking there is always time for a little cup of orange sherbet and a shortbread cookie.
Dee is so lucky when it comes to thrift store shopping she found the cutest chair and touched it up and she loves it. Her warm and comfy home as always is filled with pumpkins this time of year.I loved the pumpkins she carved and the birdhouses she made from scratch.Enjoy!

                                                Dee made the cute pumpkin sign and hearts
                                                   She loves to carve hearts                   

                                                                   

                                                                Her thrift store find



                                                        Prudence is ready for the fall



                                                                I loved her wheat stalks
                                                               another find at the thrift store 



                                                                          beautiful





                                                               A birdhouse she made
                                                                  her carved hearts

                                                                    aged pumpkins
                                                         




                                I wonder if Emily her kitty is looking out the window





                                                                    I loved this pillow




                                                                another pumpkin she made



I love this piece of furniture it's really old.











                                                     This smaller birdhouse she made for a
                                                                    relative


                                               Pumpkins tea dyed and covered to look old
                                                                          by Dee

                                                         Another pumpkin made by Dee









 
                                         Only Dee would put a pumpkin a cross and a abalone shell together
                                                                  I love it!




                                                       

                                      Bye Dee thanks for the visit and I hope your
                                      not too embarrassed I took your picture.One last thing
                                      Dee used to correspond with Lori from Not forgotten Farms and Dee
                                     says Hi!





19 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Wow, love everything about her cozy home.Her decorating is wonderful, so many Fall treasures I see.Blessings Francine.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Francine, being at her home is like a day of eye candy!

Julia said...

You are so fortunate to have a wonderful friend like Dee. She must enjoy her life very much because it shows in her house decor.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

The thing about Dee is she is such a kind friend always positive and so much fun to visit! Julia she would love your farm and how you live your life ! Hugs cheri

Mary A said...

I love all your posts about Dee's home! Thank you for sharing! I really like it that she lives here in CA, not especially famous for having a lot of prim homes. There's hope for me!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Mary her husband built a lot of homes in the area that have that early american touch.

Saundra said...

It is always a pleasure to visit Dee with you. I caught a glimpse of a couple great looking hooked rugs which were beneath items you photographed. Would love to see the whole thing one day when you visit again. The pillow was pretty.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am glad you enjoyed the pics. Next time I will check out those rugs. Hugs cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

I noticed those hidden rugs, too and was curious!
Thanks for the tour. I do love that cupboard!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

That's funny Lauren I was so busy taking pics of pumpkins
Lol, cheri

Farm Girl said...

What a fun place, lots of inspiration here. I wanted to tell you, no matter the trial I go through, the trial I went through with my daughter was the one that was harder than anything I have ever experienced in my life. I pray for you because I know that no how hard it is to go through trials with your kids. Thank you for stopping by today.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thank you Farm girl I so appreciate prayers and sometimes it does not feel so hard when the trials you go thru in this Life are shared by a kindness a simple prayer and sometimes just knowing others feel for you with no words said. Have a great weekend!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
I too love your posts about Dee and her lovely home! Thank you for taking us along on your visits! It is wonderful to know there are other primitive lovers in SoCal! I always enjoy your posts so much, even though I might not comment, and hope you are doing well!
Enjoy your day!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Julie I too love primitives and Dee was nice to let me share her wonderful world😊

acorn hollow said...

Love the decorations very fall warm and cozy.
Cathy

Karen Whittal said...

Wow, this is my kind of house I live in a 120 year old house and can just picture where that awesome cupboard can be shown off... lol

Larkrise garden girl said...

I thought my house was old and it's only 80 years old .i love her antiques! Hugs cheri

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

please please tell my sweet Dee that I miss her letters!!! I love her to pieces and she has always been the kindest person to me ~ I wish I could visit her ~ you are so lucky! please give her a big hug from all of us here :)
xoxoxox
Lori

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lori , sweet Dee is exactly how I would describe Dee she is such a nice woman. she is so creative and encouraging . Dee mentions you every time I take pictures of her home and tells me how she use to write all the time to you . I will tell Dee and yes she'll love getting hug from everyone . Hugs cheri