Saturday, August 30, 2014

Primitive Rug Hooking this Labor day weekend





  My little rug hooker inspecting

I love this rug


Good Job Nana!

Do you remember when you started a new hobby and you couldn't wait to do the next project. You had a obsession with a new craft which occupied your spare thoughts.You would lie in bed not able to sleep trying to sort out what project you would start next ! Sometimes passions die you loved to do something and then like a bright candle your all candle wax.Maybe it's just hard to hook when it's ninety degrees maybe its abnormal or it's just me.Am I the only one that has a hard time being motivated in the hot summer?

 But then Thank God I got my passion back all it took was a cooler place. I discovered a new pattern and decided while visiting my daughter to work on my rug hooking. It was extremely nice being in a cool totally air conditioned home!  I decided if I can watch Dino Dan and kid programs Little Jack could watch me hook  a little bit. I would tell the little guy I am taking a pit stop. So I was able to enjoy my rug hooking and play with Jack between pit stops plus we are doing Nana preschool this summer .Were both happy and I am getting some hooking done.

Michele does great work

Pam working away 




Janice quilt


Girls in Donna's ruggers group


This is a fancy cutter a lady brought in Wow!


Little Jack informed me Good Job Nana on my hooked chicken I am making.So as I drove back to Crest I could hardly wait to run to the Country loft and get the wool's for the rest of my hooked rug.
Since the last rug was so dark I am doing a totally different rug it's lighter and I love it .
I still have to bind the last rug and I am hoping to do that this Labor day weekend.
                                                                   



Janet started to teach a group of her daughters friends to rug hook so she was showing them what she had made.


It was a perfect evening to hook


Yum

   A new hooker

Here are some quick pictures of The Country Loft









                                                                          Such a Pretty Quilt


I think this is a quilt class at the Country Loft

Fall can't get here quick enough for me
This is a cute doll Mary made

15 comments:

Saundra said...

I just adore your posts! They are always filled up with such great quilts and hooked pieces. Thanks much for the show of what everyone is doing. Love your chicken you chick-a-dee.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Saundra I love all your enthusiasm for rug hooking. I always learn something when I read your post!
Hugs cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
I love all your pictures!!! Your rug is fun. So happy your hooking mojo is back.
Jack is just TOO CUTE.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

I think a lot of us struggle to hook much in the summer. So many other distractions I guess. Your new pattern is great and little Jack is getting so big and handsome!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks for the sweet comments. I am glad I am not the only one that struggles during the summer with hooking. Hugs cheri

Julia said...

Little Jack looks so precious saying You did a great job Nana.
I really love this upbeat post. So many beautiful pieces that your friends and you are working on.

You're not alone in no having a passion for hooking in the summer heat. I think it's good to take a break and then start again when it cools off. There a season for everything.

Have a happy Labor Day weekend.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia I am glad you enjoyed my post .Happy hooking!

Farm Girl said...

I love your rug too!!! I love all of your friends things too. Someday I am going to make it down there and go to that incredible shop.
It has been so hot this summer, I have had a hard time hooking too.
I am looking forward to hooking again too as soon as I get my rugs bound.
Jack has sure grown. I bet you have had a nice summer too.

Larkrise garden girl said...

farm Girl
Your rugs were amazing,keep cool! Hugs Cheri

kelley said...

What a great post...I agree, cool makes hooking so much easier...
Jack is just adorable...Nana preschool sounds like fun!

Sharon Eshlaman said...

If you have a minute, I'd loved to be pointed in the right direction. I want to become a hooker and know not one thing about the process other than I feel very overwhelmed. Can you point me to a book, website or someplace to be the basics and get started without taking a class? Classes near me are hit and miss and at least an hour travel time away. Can I be self-taught? I'd appreciate direction from someone like yourself - love your blog and projects. Thanks so much. skeshlaman@comcast.net

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kelley ,I glad I am not the only one who thinks it's hard to hook in the summer. Hugs cheri

Shirlee said...

I love seeing all your photos, & your little grandson is so precious!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Sharon , Let's see there are lots of books on rug hooking but I like Simply Primitive by Pat Cross . I know there are lots of rug hookers out there that have their favorites. I also would suggest you check out other rug hooking bloggers they have tutorials sometimes.
join Rug hooking daily a free site that has groups for everyone . Oh and also You Tube has videos of rug hooking just type in rug hooking. I hope that helps . Anyone that can think of anything else that can help a newbie hooker feel free to comment , hugs cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Shirlee, have a nice long weekend!