Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Jan and Pam and Primitive Rug hooking in California

 This is with Michele's camera
Thanks Michele!
 
 
 
 


Today was a slightly cold cloudy day in Southern California. It's suppose to rain but I don't see it yet. I went to knitting class yesterday and had a frustrating time with my self starting another sock again. I must not be tracking very well .I was starting to knit a sock inside out at the cuff and then I was using finger weight instead of worsted. Maybe I have too much going on in my head. Athena my teacher noticed it right away and so I am back to square one again.I just need to focus focus focus. LOl.





The colors of  Jan's rug are much more vibrant. My camera didn't pick them up like I wish it had.Maybe because it was a cloudy day.


Today was rug hooking and as I was getting stuff together to take I had this large orange kitty laying on some of my wool's in a large plastic container. Morris seemed so happy I hated to disturb him so instead of taking my rug hooking supplies I took a crazy wool  quilt I have been working on since the age of the dinosaurs.
I am so glad I went to our group.I was amazed at  the beautiful primitive rug Jan had made. Jan saw the rug in an antique rug book from the library years ago and saw the original 1865 rug that was in a Early American life magazine in someones home.The rug in the magazine was a shirred rug.The colors were beautiful in her  rug and I think an outstanding primitive hooked rug.




Pam another talented lady is trying to play catch up on her quilting projects and finished a quilt for a family member.Janice is working on a stocking and the rest of us were busy checking out the wool's.



                                                  Jan spun flax for this purse and knitted it!



                                                        Pam's cute wool purse she made

8 comments:

Julia said...

There's a lot of talent in that group. The prim rug looks beautiful and I love those colors.
How thoughtful of you that you let the cat sleep in your wool basket instead of disturbing it. You are so kind.

I hope that you're having a wonderful rest of the week.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I am up at my daughters helping out . Little Jack and I went to a nursery and loved exploring all the plants. I am going to expose him to the fun of gardening! Hugs Cheri

Farm Girl said...

It must be so nice to have a place close enough to do some hooking, knitting and all of the fun things you do. There is only quilting places here.
I love seeing what you have been doing.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thank you , i love blogging and seeing what other people are creating. It makes you appreciate others work.cheri

Kim said...

I really love that rug. You've been busy so it's ok to have a brain-fart in your knitting :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I had such a nice day with my daughter and little jack went to the beach and saw a pod of dolphins
Hugs cheri

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

Just found your blog and love it! I see you have been exploring San Diego's back country. Have you stopped in at the historic Santa Ysabel Store? It's been restored to it's 1880's appearance and is magnificent. Also try, if you have not yet been, the historic 1857 Warner Carrillo Ranch House adobe, they have periodic stagecoach rides there on the original Butterfield Trail!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Robin egg Blue, Hi, yes check out my Dec 2013 blog post . My girlfriend and I explored the general store before Christmas it was fun. Thanks for the info about the stage coach rides . I am glad you enjoyed my little blog , hugs cheri