Sunday, May 25, 2014

A quiet week and a visit to Rug Hooking group

What can I say every time I meet the ladies for rug hooking group I get inspired. This is a rug Donna has been working on.This is a Jayne Hester pattern.

Janet was back East at a dear friends memorial and her friends family gave her a 1875 Quilt. The Calico's in the quilt were at that time three times the cost of a regular price of red calico at that time. Janet felt it was probably made by a northern quilter because of the cost of the quilt.


                                                                      1875 quilt





                                                             Antiques in that little shed





Another quilt Janet was given to her was a cute whimsical 1970's quilt. I liked the way the quilter added
animals and people to her blocks.










                                                               another quilt class




 Well this is a quick post. Lots to do this weekend. Enjoy the back of the Country Loft as I say see you next post,Hugs Cheri

8 comments:

Julia said...

What a beautiful old quilt. I did the math and it's in great condition for such an old quilt. It must be a cherished family heirloom. She's a lucky girl to receive such a nice gift.

I get inspired too when I see others rugs. I don't get much time to hook in the summer.

Wishing you a great week.
Hugs,
JB

Julia said...

I forgot to mention that I love those birds lawn ornaments and those bird houses.
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia I am trying to get caught up on everything little Jack is turning
Three this week. We're off to Disneyland for his birthday
I'll take pics next week, hugs cheri

acorn hollow said...

such beautiful quilts. I love the rug simple I found is always the best for me.
Cathy

Julia said...

Have a great trip Cheri and enjoy yourself.
I'm looking forward to seeing some fun pictures of little Jack and it would be nice seeing a picture of you too.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Jack. It's hard to believe how fast they grow.

Hugs,
Julia

Kim said...

All beautiful projects and I love the background on that little rug. I hope a quiet week means it was a good week

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim,It was do able week . More good then bad , hugs cheri

Farm Girl said...

Lovely photos and what wonderful quilts and the rug is so nice.
Have a wonderful weekend.