Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tuesday and my return to Primitive rug hooking group





                                                                    The Country Loft






                                                       





                                             Michele found this tiny rug the size of your hand

There is a need in everyone to escape. I know there are people in this world that have never picked up a needle and thread or had any great need to make something that anybody can appreciate.  Some people would just enjoy just buying anything already made but that's not me. While I was on my weekly time at my daughters home my mind was spinning about in my free time. Who ever has been around a toddler views nap time as a way to have a  free thought of your very own.Now that little Jack was having his afternoon nap I was miles away in my cluttered brain on what I had on my kitchen table.I had just started to transfer my next rug hooking project and could hardly wait to put it on linen.

                                            Thank you Michele! I love this Birthday gift!





                                                        What Michele just finished
                                                                    Wow!





Between teaching colors to  little Jack which I must say jelly beans left over from Easter work well and reading about Ichthyosaurus and Stegosaurus and of course T  Rex the mean dinosaur who does not get along with anyone I recalled the happy beginning of my week. Boy it had been too long so meeting up with my friends at our rug hooking group was such a delight.It was so stimulating and great seeing what the new wool's looked like at the Country Loft I was so relaxed and worry free.It's hard to think of anything when all those wool's are saying take me home. Lol!



So today at the end of the week when I have a plumbing project going on forever. Lets say eighty year old pipes are old. As Jeff our plumber neighbor worked in the kitchen under the sink and hubby was working on his end of the plumbing in our bedroom really you don't want to ask me. Lol. I recalled what Jeff had told me about his thoughts on Life.Why our friend Jeff loves plumbing its a a perfect metaphor for Life you have drama anticipation expectation disappointment  frustration joy pain and for me patience.I now know more about plumbing then I have ever wanted to know in my life.
So there again I was in my busy little mind at the Country Loft remembering all the eye candy at the shop all those wool's and good friends and like plumbing anticipation of my rug hooking project beginning its journey from little primitive strips of wool to a rebirth of something new.Hugs cheri

7 comments:

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you can get away to plan your next rug even though if it's for a short duration. The need to create is strong and compelling.

Such beautiful wool and so neatly stored.
Beautiful
Hugs,
JB

Bee Lady said...

You are so right....it is good to spend time with like-minded women. It's why we join these groups! I feel the same way about building a house as you do plumbing. I know way more than I want to about the subject!

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cindy Bee and Julia, it's nice when your around friends that are just as interested on what your working on as you are.Just seeing what others are working on inspires you to improve and challenge yourself. I cannot imagine what it would be to build a house Cindy Bee Yikes!

Kim said...

Escaping with friends and surrounded by wool is great break. Sorry about the plumbing issues.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, it's inconvenient the plumbing stuff but it doesn't stress me out, I had a fun day of getting my rug ready to start hooking!hugs cheri

annie said...

I enjoyed your post, it took me away from my own plumbing woes for a few minutes there! We all do need to escape, I agree, in one way or another, mine is often in color just seeing what other ladies have created. That brings me joy, if ever I were near that shop, I would be running to get in the door! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm going back now and reread your post! Hope you have a great week!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Annie, old houses were not expected to last as Long as they do. My home was originally a cabin so nothing was meant to be like a normal home. You too are having plumbing woes that's not fun.Hubby and my neighbor who is a friend and plumber are putting in a whole new pipe under the house to the kitchen. Hopefully your plumbing is minor. Hugs cheri