Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday in more ways then one





                                                         
                                                 
                     




Sitting here staring at the screen I just don't even know where to start.I am so rusty at blogging!
Well for the last couple of months I have been living between two homes as my daughter slowly improves from a serious MS exasperation.

 I didn't know whether I would blog again. I loved blogging and the friends you meet but when your going thru a rough time you sometimes just don't have the time.I don't even know how to explain how hard it's been.Chronic illness whatever illness it is a challenge for your heart.
 I didn't feel like talking to anyone because by the time I got home on the weekends I needed to just try to veg out and not think about how things were going with my daughter. It is such a helpless feeling to not be able to relieve a loved ones pain.Sweet friend Dee would send me cards that she made and I appreciate her kind thoughts and prayers.

 But then this week I started to see some slight improvement in my daughter and I was ready to plug in again  with my other part of my life.  I met up with some of my really good friends and I caught up with their busy lives. Bev Janet and I stopped at the Country Loft and I bought some beautiful wool and well what can I say I had a silly smile on my face again.I have a pattern to hook that I like and I am going back to rug hooking group on Tuesday.
Today was my birthday and my friend Linda met me at Summers Past Farms which was treat.
 The gardens were so pretty. I felt inspired and  rejuvenated.







 I am still living between two homes but today was a  wonderful day. My hubby picked up the mail and there was a beautiful cross necklace from my Aunt Sophie and cousin Marlene and what can I say a perfect ending to a nice day. Hugs Cheri  








 I saw these sheep on the way to Linda's house

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh Cheri, welcome back. It's so good to hear from you again. I so wish things were different for you and your daughter and all the family. This must be so soul draining.

I'm so glad that you are getting a little break. I hope that you don't feel like you have to blog all the time, only when you feel like it or need a little support from your blogger friends or that you just want to remind us to pray for your daughter.

I sure hope that your daughter will continue to improve every day. It's been a log hard road for all of you.

I love all your beautiful pictures. They are so cheery.

You were asking about Tapping and if it works. Yes it's for real. There is a lot of information on the web about Tapping.

It works but the hardest thing is to use it every day to unlock trapped negative emotions that are deep in the subconscious and we are not even aware of them but they are registered in the amygdala gland deep in the brain.

I tap when I'm angry or very frustrated and it relieve the anger and the frustration. When I start I measure how angry I am from 0 to 10 and after tapping I measure again and tap some more till the anger is gone or almost gone.

You can find out how to tap online and there are lots of youtube video out there. It would take too long to explain this here

BIG HUGS,
JB


Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri,
To see a child hurting, no matter the age, is heartbreaking. I hope your daughter continues to improve. I'll keep her (and you) in my prayers.
Happy belated birthday.
Beautiful pictures ~ as always.
Happy Easter.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Cheri. And I'm so happy you got the gift of some improvement. Such a relief! I do understand how you have been feeling. Your days are so busy and emotionally draining, there is nothing left to give. And for me, there were times when I felt like I wanted to post but just didn't want to be moaning all the time. When times are bad it feels like we shouldn't go on and on about it. But the great part of this forum and the friendships we make - we are here for each other and there is always someone who understands.
Hugs hugs to you and yours - Happy Easter

Larkrise garden girl said...

Kim , that is so sweet! I know you understand and I have been thinking about you and I know it has been hard sometimes putting on a brave face to the world.You were such a good daughter! Hugs Cheri and happy Easter