Sunday, December 22, 2013

Musing on my last weeks



                                                                           A Beauty


Wow where has the time gone! I have been here and there looking for the perfect gift when right in front of my nose is the perfect gift babysitting!
This last week Linda and I headed not to busy shopping centers and Malls but to Julian a darling mountain town about an hour from where I live in Crest. It is about as perfect as you can get. Quaint little buildings in the old mountain town give Julian such a country feel.Julian is famous for their apple pies which is known to have people waiting in line trying to get a slice of pie. The beautiful drive up there is so picturesque with Cuyamaca Lake and dotted cabins on the faded winter mountains and sometimes if were lucky we'll see wild turkeys. The only time I have seen deer is at dusk.It was so pretty and relaxing and best of all I found some  nice presents.

As we left Julian I drove the long way back driving to Santa Ysabel and then thru Ramona. 
I have been trying to do something a little different this year. Find some places where I have driven by a million times and yet not stopped in. Well what can I say we stopped at the old general store in Santa Ysabel its owned by Soho a preservation group in San Diego. It is a redone general store and it was a really interesting. I bought hubby some nice old square nails.(he is not allowed to look at my blog til after Christmas)Most people don't get excited over old nails but call me crazy but that made my day.
I love this old quilt



                                                     Santa Ysabel and Dudley's  which makes the
                                                      best bread.
                                                     






Megan and little Jack were here in Crest part of the week. My daughter thinks poor little Jack is being put to work, But I know he loves it. We worked in the yard which I have been redoing slowly . I would cut the little leafy branches of of Eucalyptus that were trying to grow up again and he would drag then to a spot I had for them.So between helping me load up firewood and dragging branches  Jack took great naps.
The treat of the day which I wish I had my camera out was my neighbor was walking her horse. I asked her if Little Jack could pet him and the sweetest brown horse lifted her head over the fence and let him pet her. It was such a cute picture a very active two and a half year old and Maulie right next to him looking up at the horse. I have an old log so it helped Little Jack be able to pet Ginger Snap. As Ginger Snap went home Jack was yelling "Come back horsey!" I just realized  I have horses pretty close to my home.Ginger Snap lives four houses away and some more horses are three houses away on the other side.I think having a horse rink in our park where people can exercise their horses helps.The weeks before Linda, Anna and I went to Summers  Past Farms. Here are some pictures of ladies taking a Christmas wreath class.






                                 

                                         I am dashing off to finish my Christmas shopping.

              I'll try to take some pictures of my home decorated at Christmas .Hugs Cheri

9 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad that you are having a good time on the last week to Christmas. I find it difficult to find just the right gift too and I don't like to go too commercial, only if it's needed.

We are having a ice storm but it doesn't appear to be too bad yet. I'm keeping my fingers crosses.

Merry Christmas
Hugs,
JB

Dog Trot Farm said...

Good afternoon Cheri, you and your girlfriends discover some great out of the way shops...I was hoping that beautiful quilt came home with you...I love the fact your teaching little Jack how to do chores...Travis loves helping me take care of the chicken, he is my official water carrier...Looking forward to seeing your home decked out in it's holiday finest...Merry Christmas from Maine, Julie...

Julia said...

I posted a comment this afternoon and I must have forgotten to click on publish.

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time while looking for the perfect gift. Square nails are hard to find.

It's so strange to look at pictures with green grass and people in short sleeves while we are having an icy winter storm.

Some of my family are stranded because of icy weather and bad road conditions. I hope they will all be able to make it home for Christmas.

I love the beautiful quilt and I'm looking forward to seeing your decorated home for Christmas.

Merry Christmas
Hugs

JB

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Cheri,
Loved seeing the quilt and the pictures of that quaint town and shop! Would love to go visit sometime!! Thanks for sharing about it!!
Sounds like you have a great little helper!! They so love to stay busy, don't they?
Beautiful wreaths too! I'll bet it smelled wonderful!!
Hope you and yours have a lovely Christmas!!
Merry Christmas Hugs~~
Julie

Karen said...

The old quilt on the wall is a beauty. Looks like it is well pieced.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, i just back from Christmas shopping.I
I like getting the best value for my money.I try not to charge anything.
Sometimes people forget what Christmas is all about. I found a preschool Catholic bible story book that is filled with great pictures for little Jack.I also ordered some sweet tamales.That is the one family tradition I am trying to keep.
Julia I hope the ice doesn't get bad and Kim I am thinking of you and your mom. I can just see Travis helping with the chickens. Lol!Oh Julie the wreaths smelled so good.Cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Karen I wished I had asked how old the quilt was.Now on to working on my rug hooking.Cheri

Bee Lady said...

I have been craving to go to some quaint places like this. Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cindy Bee have a Merry Christmas