Monday, December 9, 2013

A Hooking for Christmas and a trip to Disneyland

Sometimes life takes away our normal schedule and sadly knitting classes and hooker groups get put on hold. I was caught in a constant to do list of things doing what was pretty routine and non eventful to anybody but me.Thanksgiving came and went it was nice and relaxing at Megan's. I have been going back and forth to visit my daughter and then she has been visiting our home. For some reason it is hard to rug hook with a toddler around. Maybe it's me but when little kids are around you have to watch them like a hawk or a Nana.




                                             I am still redoing his nose I want it more pointed



We took a trip to Disneyland for my daughter's birthday last week and then she stayed for a couple of  days
 Finally last night I was able to continue a rug hooking for Christmas.I loved this pattern. I saw it in Primitive Quilt magazine and I am having such a fun time hooking away.
It has been cold lately in Crest so I have been busy  keeping a fire going all day. It's perfect hooking weather.After being at Disneyland I am finally getting in the mood for Christmas. Now that Megan and little Jack are back home in Sun city I can start decorating and get with the program.Hooking a Christmas theme does get you in a holiday mood pretty quick. So here are some quick pictures of Disneyland and what I am hooking.Enjoy!
                                                                  This was so cute


Little Jack was closing his eyes as he hugged Tigger









Main street Disneyland








                                                                                Cars Land

Megan and I were on a giant Ferris wheel

                                                                                   


Mater in a parade



                                                                 Haunted Mansion

Sleeping Beauty castle



The sea of humanity is crazy at Disneyland and California Adventure




























9 comments:

Julia said...

Little Jack hugging his friends Pooh and Tiger is priceless. It just melt my heart... My grandson james love Winnie the pooh and has been watching the video over and over and he laughs.

I'm glad that you had a nice vacation at Disneyland. I've never been there.

Your primitive snowman looks grand. I'm cleaning bedrooms and beddings for my Holiday visitors and haven't gotten in the Christmas mood but it always come at the right time.

Take care and all the best to you and your family.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

HI Julia, Disneyland was fun but it's crazy how many people are there. Little Jack was so cute hugging pooh who to little Jack is so real.HUgs Cheri

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Hi Cheri,
Love your new rug, so cute!! I still hope to learn to hook in the future!!
Thanks for sharing your photos of Disneyland!! My son wants to get some passes for Bella and Sophia and have us all go! It looks like so much fun!!
Enjoy your week!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie Disneyland is so fun especially the parades with the music.Have a good week. cheri

Kim said...

Awww, he just melted my heart! He looked so sweet and sincere in those hugging pictures. You could just tell how much he adored them.
Cute new rug. Its hard to find some dedicated hooking time this time of year.

Saundra said...

Jack sure had a great time I'm sure. We took our son there when we lived in California and it was absolutely a spotless place to go and loads of fun.

Loving your Snowman from Primitive Quilts!!!! I want to hook it too one day.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim and Saundra I just got back from our rug hooking potluck. So much fun and one of the ladies brought in some wool. I got some great plaids. Disneyland was fun and is a nice place to visit, I had never seen in decorated for Christmas.HUgs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Cheri, little Jack is not so little anymore...Someday, when Travis is a bit older Mr. Dog Trot and I hope to take the family to Disneyworld...Love your latest hooking project, it is coming along nicely. I have not hooked anything for eighteen months...like you say, Granny cannot take her eyes off the little guy..Happy holidays to you and yours...

Larkrise garden girl said...

Being a Nana is the best!Hugs cheri