Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A little bit of this and that



 antique cross stitch so lovely



sorry about the glare


                                                             What a nice old quilt




I am sitting here looking out the window as the clouds and fog rolls in thinking when is the rain going to arrive?  In Southern California any time we get a little bit of rain it's like a big event. I have spent hours bringing in firewood.I hate being cold so I worked like crazy and now I am one hot person.
I feel like I had a very fruitful day cleaning up the yard and planting some more lavender.I filled and emptied four more trash cans full of branches and yard waste.
Here are some pictures of this and that.
There are quilts to look at, a wonderful antique cross stitch
that was a gift to one of the ladies at the Country Loft and two quilts that had just been quilted by one of ladies in our group.
Little Jack enjoyed Bates nut farm and we enjoyed his excitement as he played with the pumpkins.
                                                         Little Jack is after a pumpkin!




                                   




These girls were having fun





Little Jack didn't know what to think















 Now a day at the Country Loft and show and tell 

















antique cross stitch



                                   








10 comments:

annie said...

I enjoyed your post, lots of great things to see. Little Jack looked like he was having a ball, he is very precious!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Annie,it was a fun day.

Karen said...

The pumpkin patch pictures are delightful.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks karen I enjoyed the day so much!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Little Jack has gotten so big! What a cutie.
Oh, I LOVE that antique sampler!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren he is about two and a half. Time sure flys by!

Bee Lady said...

Thanks for the nice comment during my rough week last week. It was appreciated. Little Jack has grown up so much. He looks like he's All Boy! Don't you just love old quilts. They just have a look about them that new ones cannot match. Maybe it's all the love they've given!

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi CindyBee, hang in there, I am keeping you in my prayers, cheri

Julia said...

I don't know how I missed this post Cheri. Must have been when I was so very busy and was getting behind... It happens to me a lot lately.

Wow, that little Jack sure is a busy little guy just like James. He's determined that he'll get a pumpkin, lol...

The quilts are lovely and the sampler looks like an antique.

Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.