Monday, October 7, 2013

Coughing away for a week





Somebody and Someone have been sick since last week. I got sick with a nasty cough after coming back from babysitting little Jack .I coughed non stop every night for a week believe me it was a nasty cough.The minute I laid my head down it was a long stop cough marathon.At one point I was blowing my nose so hard my husband thought that I was sanding something! I know I have my sleeping pattern messed up from being up all night! Meanwhile I spread my germs all over the place so Someone got sick(hubby).
 I am now feeling  a little better. At least now I can speak without having a coughing fit and sounding like I need a lung transplant.Meanwhile he is still sick.
 In our home Somebody is who my husband calls a problem .An example would be Somebody left the light  on in the kitchen  (he's a watt watcher). Somebody is this person who does annoying things like Somebody put the peanut butter in the refrigerator. OK I guess it doesn't belong in there but I did open the jar.It  makes me realize the vows in our wedding which I forgot in sickness and in health are there for a reason.Both of us being sick was a perfect storm of sneezing and coughing our brains out and two stuffed up in the head people who just felt yucky and looked yucky. The final moment where I thought hummmm marriage what a treat Someone had two Kleenexes stuffed in his nose.Wow he's all mine.Lol I know I didn't look any better.
Lol I always laugh inwardly when Someone(hubby) says the statement to me Somebody forgot to wash some socks and underwear. Did they not know I had a knitting class,small quilt to finish or a rug hooking design to copy or a dozen things on my mind. I usually look at Maulie when I hear about what Somebody has not done for their Someone.
I think in my sick little mind it can't be Maulie she doesn't have any hands. I wonder who this mysterious  Somebody is in our home.So I guess when it's my time and Someone is picking out a gravestone. I hope somewhere there is a mention of Somebody who I kinda like in an odd way. Somebody does her own thing and Somebody actually will continue to forget to Not put the peanut butter in the refrigerator.I am feeling so much better today and Somebody is going to knit class.Maybe I am a little sleep deprived. Hugs Cheri


11 comments:

Nancy in MT said...

I hope you and your husband feel better soon. I love that first quilt you posted, seen it before, your fabrics are wonderful. What is the name of the pattern.

Larkrise garden girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Nancy,its an old Cheri Payne pattern.I used fall colors.I don't remember the name of the pattern.sorry if I come with it somehow I'll email you the name. Cheri

Kim said...

You made me giggle. "Somebody" used to live with my grandmother. Whenever something happened she always said "oh well, somebody must have done it".
Sorry you were both sick. I hope you are both better soon. It's bad enough to be sick but when it takes out the whole house, it's worse.

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, how awful that you both got this yucky cough and stuffy nose. I know the feeling . I've been taking vitamin C 1000 mg all year and it has helped me keep the colds away pretty good unless I get myself worn out and my defence is down.

My daughter swear that eating a piece of raw onions stops the cough. I tried it and it worked for me. I cut a slice and chew it. If you look it up online, you'll find that it has some other benefits and is used by naturopath.

I LOVE that little rug, very sweet and the quilts too.

I sure hope that somebody and someone will feel all better soon. I had fun reading your humour despite the miserable cold.

Wishing you both a speedy recovery,
Hugs,
JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Somebody ~
Great post!!! Thanks for the smiles.
Happy to hear you are feeling better.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

HiKim and Julia I know I was being silly but you know how it is trapped in the house with another person who is just as miserable as you .lol!
Ihave to try the onion Julia it sounds like it might work next time .I always feel better with thebroth ofchicken noodle soup.I am much better today andhad afun time at knitting class.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren I am glad you liked mysilly post. I thought in knit class I was going to fall asleep.Hugs Cheri

Bee Lady said...

Oh gosh you remind me of when the boys I watched were little...the younger one, when he was about five years old, would raise up his shirt, throw his body across my legs when I was sitting down and say, "would somebody scratch my back?" Lol...His Mom said she was going to buy me a sweatshirt that says, "I'm somebody!"

I hope you both get to feeling better soon, and thanks for commenting on my blog. It was good to hear from you.

Cindy Bee

Anonymous said...


Great post - made me smile! I would have gone to knitting class too!

Hope you are both feeling back to "normal" very soon.

Enjoy your blog.

Charlotte

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi cindy bee and charlotte,I am feeling so much better!hugs cheri