Thursday, September 12, 2013

A trip to the 2013 San Diego Quilt Show Part One

What a fun couple of hours I had at the quilt show.Jack dropped me off quickly in front of the convention center.I could hardly wait to see the show.Hubby had a great idea to take Maulie to fiesta island where Maulie had a great couple of hours too.
So enjoy the pictures of what the San Diego Quilt Show is like.This is part one.
                                                                   I loved this quilt




                                    My friend Linda's quilt is pieced together like a jigsaw puzzle


                                                     


















                 My primitive quilt looked small to me but on my wall at home it looks big!







                                   World War two patches made into a quilt
                                                  What a tribute!
         







                My late father in laws patch would be the screaming eagles the 101st airborne



                                                                I love primitive quilts


                                                                     Wow!







                                                  Even author Alex Anderson was there

4 comments:

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you could get away to view all these great quilts. It's quite something.... I love how they so beautifully display the quilts and your little primitive quilt looks like it belongs in the show with all the others.

It would be difficult to pick my favorite one and there's more to come....but I love that Christmas one. I started to assemble some fabrics a while back on a Christmas quilt and I never did any progress on it. It's still in storage.
Thanks so much Cheri. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

It sure was fun to see so many types of quilts! I have a primitive Christmas quilt I want to finish this Christmas,hugsCheri

Saundra said...

What a wonderful display of creativity and excellence in sewing. I enjoy the beauty of them but don't have the patience with what it takes to make a quilt. Or at least not that kind of 'real' quilting that you shared. Thanks for the show.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am glad you liked it!