Sunday, July 28, 2013

Night time Zoo and the new Koala exhibit





OK,  Life has been a little tough this summer. It's hard being a mom when your child has chronic illness. I don't care if your child is in her thirty's your still a mom and wish it was you and not them..It does not seem fair at times but I trust in the Good Lord and try to help where I can. What can I say good health is such a blessing that most people take for granted I wish I could.
  Jack and I needed a little light hearted break so what better then to go to the Zoo. The San  Diego Zoo has night time hours so we went about five and stayed a while.The animals seemed more active! It was relaxing just watching the animals.
 I still have to finish binding my quilt for the San Diego Quilt show before September. I have not been to any of my usual groups so I think I am going to take the summer off from blogging until I get back to a more normal routine.
 I will try to start catching up with every ones blogs tomorrow since they have Internet access at the infusion place.
I am making another sock which is something that is small  project that I can work on while I am there with my daughter.I started the sock last week there and now I am on the heel flap.I wonder if I am getting faster at knitting.Lol. Hugs to all ,Cheri!

Someone is eating




How can you not smile when you see these cute animals!




So sweet!



                                                                   Don't fall!!








see ya later!

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Koala are just too darned sweet. Great pics.
Prayers for you daughter and you, too. You are so right about the mom thing, no matter what the child's age.
I will look forward to your return to blogging!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Cheri, I'm so sorry that your daughter is so sick and I know how it hurts you as a mom. You are right that we hurt when our kids hurt no matter their age they are.

I'm glad that you can be there for her and I'm sure that your caring makes a big difference in her life

Don't stress about the blog , you have much more important things to tend to and I hope that your daughter will feel better soon.

That little Koala bear is just so cute. I can see why he brought smiles.

Take care dear friend,
Hugs & prayers,
JB

Saundra said...

Cheri, my heart goes out to you and husband as well as your daughter. Yes, mother's would rather it be them than the child but just know that you are doing all you can do. This isn't your plan, but your journey.

Love the Koala pictures and just want to snap it up and bring it home to cuddle.

Looking forward to happier times when you feel comfortable to post more often.

HUGS.

Saundra

Kim said...

I'm glad you had at least a short stress free break. I hope Megan is OK. I'll be thinking of you all

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks for the kind comments,cheri

Ingrid said...

Great!