Friday, April 5, 2013

Guy B. Woodward Museum

Guy B.Woodward Museum is a Museum that features the history of the early West. Linda Janet and I enjoyed the tour and the interesting history of Ramona told by the docents.There were all sort of of stuff from Indian baskets,covered wagons, jail, rooms full of western antiques in this Ramona museum. The home was originally the Verlaque Home the only western adobe of french provincial design still in existence.It was also a donation.




 Knitting,hooking and gardening this week makes me a busy lady!
 Monday I started back to knit class with some new faces.I have been gardening like crazy today and
 it's important while it's cooler weather and before the summer hits to keep on top of my garden.
I'll have fire danger if I don't keep the weeds down.
Now you are going to think I am crazy but I have discovered Dr.Who.
It's a BBC British sci fi series which has been running for twenty years in Britain.
I would never think I would like sci fi but everybody changes as they get older I guess!
I am interested when they go back in history but the space aliens I can do without.




Son of Guy Woodward






















                                                           covered wagon

schoolhouse



railroad lanterns, firetruck



carders




Honey processing






Bunks,jail, post office building

                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                When do we
                                                                                                                  get to eat?


 
                                                                                                                     Little Jack and
                                                                                                                  Easter eggs

7 comments:

annie said...

wonderful photos!
Jack is adorable!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Little Jack is such a blessing!

Julia said...

Thanks for the museum tour. We don't see those kind of early tools very much anymore, and that little one room school. How things have changed and so fast.

That little Jack is some cute with his Easter Egg.

Have a nice weekend and don't work too hard.
I think that it will be a little while before it warms up to dry the ground here so I can dig.
Hugs,

JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I love history and I love when I get a chance to see a museum.This weather is weird were behind in rain which means come summer. Yikes!Hugs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jack is one handsome little boy, I know from one granny to another, that you two have lots of fun together. What an interesting museum, one of which I would love to visit, I too love history... off to do yard work, hugs from Maine, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, Grandbabies are so much fun, Have fun in your yard, Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Little Jack is getting so big. What a cutie!
Hugs :)
Lauren