Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stephanie's experiments in dyeing wools for Primitive Rughooking


Tuesday before I dashed out the door of the Country Loft with my quickly developing flat tire I saw what Stephanie was working on.Stephanie is making a hooked rug and needed a background color so she experimented to get the right color. Stephanie has a customer that wanted a certain primitive color selection.The swatches on the left is what she had to work with and how it turned out is the right wool swatch. I love the colors.





lighter wools



                                                               green wools to start with



I love Stephanie's colors!




Have a nice weekend! Cheri

5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Love love love the colors.
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Me too!!!

Kim said...

Those are great colors. Sorry about your flat tire. I didn't get back to that post to comment. I think it's crazy that they charge for air now. What next??

Cheryl said...

Hey there. I thought I was the only person in love with the Lark Rise series. Just came across your blog and will follow you from now on.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Yea!Cheryl Larkrise was such a sweet series. I love English programs.Cheri