Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring in Crest












                                                           My chicken coop needs chickens

This weekend it really started to warm up and feel like spring. I love this time of year before it starts to get really hot and become summer. I worked in my garden all weekend between grocery shopping and doing laundry I was exhausted at night. During the day it was pleasing to see people out walking with their dogs and kids. I had hubby repair some of my bird houses so I could paint them and by the time the day was over I was aching all over. Monday was knit class and Wednesday is my Hobo quilt class.Friday Linda and I are going to get together and do something fun maybe run to Summers Past or garden nurseries. I want my garden to look nice to show Linda so I will be working out in the dirt all week between classes.
I am sprucing up my chicken coop with some paint and checked out baby chicken water containers at wal mart.I am reading up on baby chicken care it's been a while and trying to decide if it's worth getting four or five chunky chickens.The first months of being a chicken owner are a big commitment while they grow.I have to keep them warm with a light.When I get the chickens Morris and Maulie are going to be a challenge until the chickens get big!


Have you ever been unable to sleep because you have a million ideas to do in the morning. That was me tossing and turning all night thinking about what project I was going to work on.




I got an email from my daughter little Jack has been invited to be in a relatives wedding. Oh dear I see disaster written all over that! Little Jack would look so cute as a ring bearer but he doesn't strike me as standing quietly or even walking down the aisle.Little Jack is not even two. What was that bride thinking? I had to laugh...











                                                   Every time I look at these three houses I realize
                                          how close the Cedar fire burned homes to the ground
                                          near me. Summer is just around the corner.




                                                                           Morris


Maulie's summer cut








                                                                Fake outhouse

I need to fix my sign. lol!




                                                              side yard roses




My little house that is 8o years old



         Spring in Crest and what I see if I walk across my dirt road.
Maulie loves to go for a walk over here.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Little Jack is going to steal the show at that wedding!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Lol!!

Julia said...

You are so ahead of me. I'm still looking at lots of snow on the ground and bare naked trees. I'm jealous of all the greenery I see around.

I'm glad that you are feeling so energetic and full of ideas. Have fun digging in the dirt. Your yard looks great, and I love those beautiful rose bushs.
I can't wait for little shoots to poke out of the ground.

Take care,
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love our mild climate but come summer water bills are awful. I am having to adapt my plants for less water. I envy all the snow that makes your gardens so pretty once the snow melts.Got to go Morris is scratching at the window.

Farm Girl said...

It is so pretty and green. We might hit 90 by Friday. I am so panicked.Our water bill too is like a mortgage payment. In the summer.
I hope we get more rain but I am feeling doubtful about it.
You live is such a pretty place. Fire is so scary. Your house is wonderful and happy.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Farm girl,I know the feeling about water bills. It's terrible water prices. 90 yikes! I am not ready for that yet,Hugs Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Love your sweet home and gardens. Thanks for sharing so many pictures. I hope spring comes to Ohio soon. That groundhog was not telling us the truth this year.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Saundra said...

Beautiful landscapes you get to enjoy each day. I'm sure you were petrified during the fire; I would have been. Sad for the other folks but glad you came out unscathed.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

My girlfriend lives in Missouri and she says it's been a crazy winter,Hugs Cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra, Southern california has wildfire danger year round but come summer it is a big worry. I can't help but think about it since were up on this hill.But it's worth it.The park use to be full of trees I couldn't even see all those houses. The fire was in the park and after the fires they cut down alot of them for safety.We were so lucky.Over 200 homes burned down in Crest. Cheri