Sunday, March 31, 2013

Quilt show at the Guy Woodward Museum in Ramona



In praise of Docents. Thursday Linda and Janet and I were off on a road trip to Ramona. We wanted to see a small quilt show that Michele had told us about which featured a small quilt show at the Guy Woodward museum in  Ramona California. All of us had never been to the museum so we had fun in our own backyard. We went to some antique stores a quilt shop before we headed over to the museum.I don't know how many times over the years I have driven by that museum in the middle of Ramona on the way to Julian and never stopped.
The son of Guy Woodward was an excellent tour guide. We must have spent two hours just hearing tales  about Ramona from the docents.The other man I forget his name was also excellent being a retired fire chief we enjoyed his stories too.I never used to stick around for docent tours but now I am a big believer in taking the time to listen to some great local history. We even picked some oranges as we left.This post is on the Quilt show and I'll post pictures of the museum later this week.Have a Happy Easter!
                                         The orange tree on the left was filled with ripe oranges





                                                                       I loved this Quilt

Quilt to be raffled

Bobbin lace









 Quilt show cat

6 comments:

Saundra said...

I love all the quilts you showed and only wish I had the talent and patience to do it like 'real' quilters do. Mine do not compare. And 'real' quilters hand stitch so perfectly that the stitches look so perfectly spaced it looks too perfect to be done by human hands. Wonderful, thanks for the tour.

Saundra

Mary A said...

I love these small historical museums! Thanks for the tour. I believe most quilt shows could be made even better if they had a "quilt show cat." Mary A

Rugs and Pugs said...

Wonderful quilts! I look forward to your museum tour.
Happy Easter.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, What a wonderful Day.We just got back from Easter at my daughter Megans house. Poor Little Jack started crying as we left.
I love Museums and the quilt show was small with some real old quilts. My favorite was the chedder colored quilt.I hope everyone had a Happy Easter, Hugs Cheri

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, how wonderful to see all those beautiful quilts and also seeing bobbin lace being made. I love looking at quilts and there is so much work in them.

Little jack won't be little very long. How sweet that he cried for you as you left, bless his little heart.

I'm glad that you had Easter celebration at your daughter. And you will probably have Easter there again next year...
Thanks for the quilt show.

Happy Easter,
Hugs,
JB

annie said...

thank you for the tour, the quilts are wonderful, loved the well in the garden & esp. the bobbin lace!