Friday, March 22, 2013

Little Jack's first visit to the San Diego Zoo

                                                                   

                                                                        Lion on the rock

                                                              Children's zoo
This last week was a blur of weeding out ice plant for two days.Buckets of weeds and a aching back.  I  met my daughter in Encinitas and went to some yarnshops.I was over joyed to find a whirligig book at the book store at the Encinitas library. I want my hubby to make one for me to put in my garden. I know one more project!
Yesterday while I was weeding away near my Iris I watched as the  plant disappeared in front of me. I think it was a ground squirrel but I never saw it's face. All I could see was the green leaf of the iris being lowered in the ground so I ran over and started poking a stick in the hole.When you like to garden you have to be humble nature is always in control.

Saturday My hubby had to work so I met my daughter her hubby and little Jack for his first visit to The San Diego Zoo.It was such a fun day. Jack wasn't sure about the petting zoo then he started enjoying the goats and would go up to them with a Hi goat! He loved the monkeys and I enjoyed going thru the large aviary but once we got to the elephants NO Way!


                                                                    Hiding from the elephants
Jacks look of terror as we wind thru the elephant's


Who'd a thought he was so afraid of the elephants The elephant enclosure is huge and as you wrap around it you get closer to the elephants. Well once he was in his daddy's arms he wanted out of the area. He buried his face in his Dad's shoulder and just said NO! After that anything that was big he wanted nothing to do with. He was done. Lol. We didn't even see the giraffes.The San Diego Zoo has a baby panda
but there was a long line. Maybe next time.








                                                              I love the Aviary it's so tropical.












Wow

                                                                   Yikes



                                           They have sky buckets that take you to the other end of the zoo


                                        Maybe next time I'll get a chance to take pictures of the panda's


                                      
                               Well got to go I'll catch up with every ones blogs this weekend,Cheri

7 comments:

Julia said...

Too bad that Jack got scared of the elephants. They are big and I don't blame him.

It will be a while before we can even weed as the ground is still covered with lots of snow. We had lost all the snow in January and then we got storms after storms.

Take care and I hope that you have a happy weekend. I'll be at my daughter in Ottawa until Easter. The baby is growing so fast and will be 4 weeks old on Tuesday.

Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I bet your loving that new baby to play with! Have a wonderful Easter,That's what Megan said the elephants were huge to him.Lol.Hugs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Good evening Cheri, what a fun field trip and wonderful way to expose Jack to wildlife...Jack has grown leaps and bounds, he is a real cutie and I bet so much fun to be with. It remains cold and snowy here in Maine. Hugs, Julie.

Kim said...

Aww poor little Jack. The look on his face as he clung to his Dad. I bet it was fun watching him with the goats though.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim amd Julie it was a fun day.
I can't believe there is still snow on the ground.This must be a unusually long winter this year,Hugs Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
What a fun day. Great pictures. I her your zoo is fantastic.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, When I was a kid they called the zoo the World famous San diego Zoo. It is a great zoo.As a child it was free 16 and under those were the days.Cheri