Friday, March 29, 2013

Being stuck on a Primitive Hooked Rug

Well the last few days I have finally admitted to myself I am stuck. I have been making a hooked rug for my cousin and I am close to be doing done but I just can't quite decide on how I am going to finish the border. The rug is for her and her husband  and so I was putting fishes in the border.  I felt like I was getting too much blue. Any ideas on color selection? I am so eager to go on to the next rug idea and yet I am stuck! Have any of you rug hookers been  hooking away and just can't quite see how to end the rug? The idea in my head can't quite meet with my stash of wool colors. Can anybody think of a color I could use that would not make the border become more important then the cabin?
 
Morris and Maulie playing


Morris of course wants to lay on my rug


Paw

so close what to do?

8 comments:

Bon said...

Think I'd use the orange/red color...just a single row. Too cute! ~*

Larkrise garden girl said...

Bon, Thanks for the idea. It's suppose to be fish in water but it's primitive I can use any colors I want.Cheri

Saundra said...

It does not seem to me that the border is more important. I think it is wonderful if you just continue on doing what you're doing. Once again I love your hooking and it has a wonderful natural olde style to it which I love.

You go GIRL!!

Saundra

Rugs and Pugs said...

I would just finish what you've started. I don' like to reverse hook!
Hugs & Happy Easter :)
Lauren

Kim said...

I agree with Bon. I always struggle with the whole border issue.

Saundra said...

I love all your hooking and think this is perfect if you just do what you naturally do. The border is not over powering at all but just adds to the wonderfulness of the whole piece.

Saundra

Julia said...

I wish I could help you Cheri but I don't know what would work either since I don't hook primitive but it sure is cute. I hope someone can come up with some suggestions.

Maybe some of that dark background colors to make a row or two around the perimeter of the rug???
Good luck with this.
Happy Easter
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks everyone, I got alot of great ideas. The fish are suppose to be in water.Since water is lots of colors I am going to experiment with different colors to filter the blue alittle. Even my daughter called me with her idea. Thanks again and Have a Happy Easter,hugs Cheri