Sunday, February 17, 2013

My first knitted sock that I started at Sock Camp Port Ludlow

                             This is how my obsession began at Camp Castaway in Washington
                              with my daughter Megan.
                             

                                                              The marina was so peaceful
I would walk in the morning

                                                             The ladies knitting away
                                                        Tina of Blue Moon Fiber Arts
                                                      and the Yarn Harlot on the far right.
                                                      The Yarn Harlot is as funny as her books.



                                                                     I  loved seeing the cows




                                                                    dyeing yarns


                                                             Socks thru the years
                                                               


                                                               I loved the red of the barns

                                                                Beautiful lighthouse





Saturday I went for it and I did it I finished my first sock!!!!
I am so proud of myself.I am a determined little knitter.My knitting teacher
Athena says knitting is a skill I might have to work for it but I am determined.
Last year when I went to sock camp and met these wonderful sock knitters I was so impressed
with everyones socks.It was such a fun experience and as I sat there I barely could purl. I thought
I am determined I am going to do this.
                                                 Drum roll here it is!!!

Seeing the beautiful colors of  Blue Moon Fibers and taking classes which were way over my head at Port LudlowWashington was such a learning experience and an eye opener to my daughters world of knitting.
I made a goal and I did it.I took a beginner knit class and then I took a class with Athena at our adult school in California. Every Monday I take a number wait my turn and get help on where I am stuck.I have to thank my daughter for helping me with knitting.I know I was a pain but I can't help it to me knitting is hard and doesn't come easily.  Lol
If the Yarn Harlot is out there I did it! I joined the obsessed sock knitters!

Such a Happy day!!!!                            I don't know do I block it?



                                                 Of course I need another sock to make a pair



                                                            I am turning the heel on this sock



                                                                 How I am doing on my rug

8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I am impressed with your sock!!! Great job.
Love the rug, too.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Lauren, I am so happy the first sock is done.Cheri

Bee Lady said...

Good for you! I started a sock years ago but didn't have a lesson and I never finished it.
Your rug is looking great too. Wish you could come up here this weekend to the Winter Woolen Workshop. You would love it. It's right up your ally with rug hookers, crocheters, knitters, spinners, weavers, needle punchers, etc. you'd fit right in.

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Cindy bee that sounds like fun.Have a good time.Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Cheri, congratulations on the completion of your sock, you perservered! What a sense of accomplishment, how difficult was turning the heel? The only item I can knit is a scarf, I would love to learn to knit baby mittens. I love your latest rug, very sweet and lovely colors...More snow for us tomorrow...I'm ready for spring!!! Greetings, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, Thanks! were getting a rain storm tomorrow. I am sure you could knit mittens. Socks are hard to me but I think once I do it a couple of times it will get easier.Look at U tube and see if there are any tutorials on mittens. Hugs Cheri

Kim said...

I am sooo impressed. That is one dandy looking sock! I really need to learn how to do this.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, Thanks today it's cold and I wish my second sock was done already.Lol!Cheri