Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Yarn Harlot Prediction


When I went to sock camp last year Stephanie Pearl-McPhee who is the the Yarn Harlot wrote in my book obsession is normal!
 Well she was right.


Knitting is my obsession.I have been diligently working away on my socks and I seem to be getting faster at knitting. I have decided to give my self a goal of having  the first sock of each pair I am making done by mid February. Then I'll have to start all over and do the second sock for both of them.Yikes. By then I will be more comfortable at what I am doing.
 I also have decided to give my cabin hooked rug to my cousin and her hubby so I have got to get that done pronto.There is something about putting it down in writing to keep you on track.
 Baby Jack got his first boy haircut and it didn't go well. I got a call from my daughter how much crying he did.There were Big crocodile tears I think he thought he was getting a shot or something


                                                 Little Jack is recovering from his haircut


.Last week was a busy week my Aunt Sophie and cousin visited me. My cousin hadn't been to my house in years. It was fun to show my Aunt and cousin what I am working on.



 I have my Nana's hutch and it was fun to show it to my Aunt who is in her late 80's her mothers hutch .Every time I see my Aunt is is such a sweet reminder of my late Dad. My aunt gave such a nice compliment she mentioned what a hard worker my dad was and how I am too.It made me smile
I also met up with some rug hooker friends to help decide what color to hook my fish..So I am going to hook a fish or two in my cabin rug.This Tuesday the Country Loft rug hooker group is meeting so I should have lots of pictures.I wonder what the girls have been doing?

I am addicted to pinterest I have more people following my pinterest then my blog. Lol.
I love finding primitive pictures of antiques,Quilts,rug hooking.
Well your caught up with me I'll have to check on all of you and see what you all have been doing.Oh here are some quick pictures of Hubby's train room. Last time little Jack went in there he said Wow! Lol.








                                          I think this is going to be my next rug a Cheri Payne design

9 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, wow, you got the hang of knitting socks. The heel is always tricky for me and I need to look at a pattern. It's been so long since I knitted socks.

So you got pulled into Pinterest too. I've visited but that's all I do. Too time consuming...

Awww, Baby Jack got his first hair cut. I bet he looks like a sweet little boy.

How nice that your aunt Sophie and your cousin visited you and commented about the hard worker you are.


Wow, congratulations, You're over the 100 mark of followers at 101...

Have a great knitting week.
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Julia,I do love to knit socks! I have really enjoyed knitting class.I have to check out your blog today and see what you are up too. Hugs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, I love the socks!!! what a great job you are doing. I'm going to have to find a knitting class, I so want to knit Travis a pair of mittens...Little Jack got a hair cut? He must be getting to be a big boy! We need to see a photo... Love your husband's train room, a little boys dream and for that matter a big boys dream too!!! Stay well, Julie.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
You are turning into knitter extraordinaire! LOVE the socks.
Cool train room. Oh, the difference between men and boys...the price of their toys...lol!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi gals, I am one crazy lady. I love so many crafts I am always bouncing around with all of them. I'll have to get a picture of baby Jacks haircut.

Julia said...

It's me again Cheri. I guess that I missed that shot of little Jack climbing on the play table. How cute is that. oh my gosh. My little James just turned tow and is climbing everywhere too. He coughs and ask," Are you OK?" lol... they are so cute at that age.
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, my daughter sent a picture of little Jack so I posted it. Aren't they soooo cute .Jack won't be two til May.

Kim said...

Aww poor little Jack. I can just imagine those big crocodile tears. That is an impressive train room. Soon to be little Jacks favorite place I imagine.
I am so impressed with your socks. I would love to knit those. But for now I will stick to simple stuff :)

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hi! I’m new follower of your blog and would like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/02/clever-chicks-blog-hop-21-and-chocolate.html



I hope you can make it!

Cheers,

Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick