Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Leontien and her Four Leaf Clover Tales blog

I know I am not the only blogger that would read Leontiens blog about her wonderful dairy and her fight with cancer.
Leontien died last week and I just found out today would have been Leontiens 34th birthday.I am sure I am not the only person who feels sad about her passing .Leontien was a person  I never met or talked to in person and yet Leontiens words caught and touched my heart. Sometimes she would comment on something I was saying and she always had a positive word. I truly am sad for her passing and I feel like I lost a friend. Such a wonderful person she was and I hope that her words will live on. I feel like I learned so much from her wit and courage and sense of humor in facing this beast of cancer.So tonight when I lay my head on my pillow I will say a prayer for Leontien knowing that she is free of pain.  Leontien may have only had a brief 33 years on this earth but she spent them so well!  Leontien left a lasting mark on me on how to live life with passion and purpose, such a wonderful writer and truthfully I know I will never look at cows the same way.
Hugs and  Prayers for her family Cheri

5 comments:

Julia said...

I miss Leontien also. I always enjoy her sense of adventure, humour and great courage. She was a remarkable young woman. Sadly missed her.

Hugs,
JB

Saundra said...

So young and sad, but as you say she is pain free now. Nice of you to honor her memory and share her brief life with us.

Saundra

Chatty Crone said...

I know exactly what you are saying. It was amazing to me the amount of suffering she had to do - especially the last year with those experimental drugs and treatment - but she did it - and she wanted to live to so much. But His plans were otherwise. But like you say she is definitely and angel now...

Dog Trot Farm said...

I am so sorry to read of Leontine's passing. Leontine was a beautiful young women with a strong spirit, who actually got to live her dream. May she rest in peace. Hugs, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, What a wonderful person she was.So sad.Hugs Cheri