Sunday, December 30, 2012

Putting away my Christmas decorations

Who is That!!!
Today I am taking down all my Christmas decorations. It was such a nice Christmas . We spent a couple days at my daughters house.Poor Little Jack did not like Santa! He cried as we tried to have him sit on his lap so we promptly removed him and then he just glared at Santa and hid in the corner.We had a day with little kid meltdowns and not wanting a  nap. Little Jack loves grandpa and it is so cute as he watched grandpa putting together his toy.
This week I had my friend Janet over for rug hooking day. Maulie behaved well for the day  usually Maulie gets so excited jumping all over the place and on people. Maulie seems to think everyone is coming over to see her.I  had my wood burning stove going all day and it's funny Janet has the same blue color wood burning stove as me. It was nice to show Janet my Christmas decorations. We hooked away between tea and lunch it was such a relaxing day! I am finally back to hooking on my cabin bear rug.Janet was looking for a certain color of red so we were looking thru my wool stash. I made Hubby clean up his train room and  Janet really liked enjoyed seeing all the toy trains.
Lately I have been feeding the birds near my side yard with bread. I get my slice and tear it up and throw it under the potato bush. It was raining a couple of days ago and those little birds kept waiting so they flew right next to my french doors and were staring at me..
I started my online weaving class.The teacher is from Nova Scotia.I love it I can repeat it as many times as  I want to. If you ever want to take an on line class it's fun.It's been so long since I dressed my loom I need a refresher course on weaving.
Next week I am starting my knitting class again.I am going to just knit on my socks.Well back to my housework and laundry.Much as I love Christmas it's good to get back to normal things. I need to get back to reading a book about Mary Todd Lincoln.Hugs Cheri

9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
It's so hard to believe Christmas has come and gone!
Sounds like you will be busy creating in the new year. I look forward to seeing all your new projects.
Happy New Year.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, It will be nice to get back to my projects,Hugs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Cheri, Your home looked just lovely all decked out for the holidays. I'm sure Christmas day was most enjoyable being shared with grandchildren. Many of us have been going full tilt since September, now with a lull, we don't know what to do with ourselves. Sounds like you and your friend enjoyed a wonderful day together, hooking with a friend is always most enjoyable. I have to say what a handsome cat Morris is, and some big too! LOL Sending New Year greetings from Maine, Julie.

Saundra said...

Awh, Cheri, that is exactly what my son did when he was about that age. I have a picture of him clinging to my mother when Santa visited our house (mama was ready with a camera) But the following year he wanted to be Santa's best friend.

Hope you and family have a magnificent 2013 with lots of loops pulled.

Saundra

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, it seems like a lot of folks are taking down their Christmas decorations down. I usually do it after the Epiphany on january 6th but I'm never in a rush. I kind of enjoy it when I'm not stressed about the holidays.

Little Jack sure has grown. Not everyone warms up to Santa. Maybe he'll do better next year.

How fun to be with friends doing some projects and good for you for taking an online course. Nova Scotia is not all that far from here. Good luck with your course.

I need to get back to hooking. I did a wee bit during the Holidays but nothing major to show.

Thanks for being such a great blogger friend and always having some sweet comments on my blog.
God bless,
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia,Saundra,Julie I am so happy when I get comments it's such a delight to have fellow hookers out there that love to create and share all their interests with fellow bloggers.I am knitting my sock today and having some earl grey tea. I watched lesson three of weaving which is drafting. Hugs Cheri Keep warm.

Kim said...

It's a shame about Jack and Santa (but I did try to warn you). I will be putting my decorations away on New Year's Day. I'll be glad to get the house back to normal.
I'm glad your continuing with the knitting class. Who is doing the weaving class on-line??

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, My daughter takes fun classes on Craftsy. Megan bought me a sock class and I waited for the weaving class to go on sale.I highly recommend the classes. The floor loom weaving teacher explains everything so well.I want to make some rag rugs with all the left over less then perfect yarn I have from rug hooking.Hugs Cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Test for me