Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Primitive Country Christmas in California

          Today I decided to take some pictures of my Christmas in Southern California. We don't have snow but we might get rain on Christmas Day! This little primitive rug I made years ago. It's a little wonky but I still bring it out at Christmas.When the wind is howling and the trees are swaying outside I feel like I am in my own little world.My little house is one of the original cabins in Crest that is 80 years old. It's been added on here and there but low ceilings are it's character.Lol!
I hope you enjoy a  primitive country tour of my home. If I get a chance I might take some more pictures this weekend.Have a Merry Christmas, Hugs Cheri        

                           It's simple but I like it.My Nana's hutch is something
                           I could not part with.


                         Amish Hooked Rug from Lancaster Pennsylvania by Annie Lapp

                               This Victorian sideboard I bought  when I was in my 20's

                                                                                Jack's Crows


Grandma Moses tin I love


I machine quilted this quilt



                                        Dollhouse made by hubby and Cheri Payne quilt I made
                                        This is a very old wooden plate from my mother in law.
                                        It was made in Sweden.
                                        The picture on the plate is a painting of the church the
                                         family attended in Sweden.






                                    I took the cows off a broken light strand and
                                    put them on a cow Christmas tree!

















                                                             Another rug I hooked a while ago!





The black doll on the left is wooden.
 Crazy me I stuck a piece of
 a doily on her head for a hat.I then used
double sided tape to keep it in place.




Chicken coop on the left
                                                                    I made the doll



My girlfriend made the stockings for me










                                                          I knitted those slippers!

I just hung a quilt to close up a door.
There is a bookcase on the other side of the quilt.
It works great giving me more room.



Black doll tree and that is a bucket
that Jacks Dad used to store nails!
I use it to store wool for spinning



 Even though a lot of family has passed on I feel happy seeing
their belonging in my daily Life. It's a happy reminder of  Happy
Christmas's long ago!



6 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful Cheri. Thanks for the tour. Merry Christmas to you!

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, thanks for the lovely Christmas house tour of your home. In the days when people were shorter they made the ceilings low. It adds character to your home.

It's the same with the old portion of our barn. The ceilings are so low in the end where I work that the bull's shoulders touches the ceiling when he mount a cow. He's even broken some ceiling boards, lol.

You have lots of treasures tucked in every nook and crannies and there must be a lot of history and some fun stories around all those treasures. It would take a long time just to see everything.

I hope that you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas Cheri and thanks so much for the tour.
I enjoyed it very much.

Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Julia, You are so funny!I am so glad you like my CHristmas tour, Have a Merry Christmas, Hugs Cheri

Kim, I am glad you liked my Christmas pics!Merry Christmas!

Saundra said...

Thanks for the Christmas tour of your home. I love all the dolls, atiques, decorations and particularly covet that pig hooked rug. Did you hook that one too?

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra, The pig was what got me interested in Rug Hooking. I bought it about 25 years ago. It was made by an Amish lady Annie Lapp in lancaster Pa. Have a Merry Christmas! Hugs Cheri

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Very festive, thank you for all your inspiration!

Happy New Year!

Carolyn