Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve memories

                                                    

         Note to self its best to buy everybody at the same time.         
            I am either missing Joseph or a wise man.

The packages are finally wrapped. I have quiet peaceful Christmas music on . It's softly raining and this  Christmas Eve is going to be very special with my daughter and her family.




 So many Christmas eve's have passed by in my Life and every one different and special. When I was first married to my hubby there was a tradition I was introduced to at my in laws house. Dear sweet Santa would make a personal stop at my mother in law Alice's house on Christmas Eve.
The first years of my marriage there were no children at Christmas just adults and in the middle of the evening Alice would bring out the Santa suit.It was such a funny scene the then young men trying to make the other one dress up in the suit. Then one of the sons would leave the room put on the suit and we would all act like it was the most natural thing to have a conversation with Santa.  I remember Santa's bells ringing and feeling rather silly seeing Santa at the front door but it was his family's tradition.

  Now Santa at the door with all the presents is a happy memory of past Christmas Eve's. It was so different then my own family's tradition which was tamales at Christmas Eve and everyone talking at once.Lol! Well now Hubby is our designated Santa and little Jack will be surprised when he sees  Santa at his house.Little Jacks a year and a half and I am not quite sure what he is going to think. It ought to be an interesting moment.

The last couple of days I have been busy shopping and trying to find the perfect gift for everyone. I finished the Christmas shopping just in time and watched as Jack made me a Christmas present that I have wanted for a long time. Jack couldn't woodwork without me seeing what he was doing so I know what my Christmas gift is. A warping board.
I have a baby Wolf floor loom and I need a warping board to weave. I have so many wool strips that are in my baskets so I thought why not weave some rag rugs.It's been years since I weaved so I signed up for an online class so I can learn to dress my loom again. It's a great way to learn I can look at the class as many times as I want and even contact the teacher.


The weather in Crest is foggy and my wood burning stove is working great.I am waiting for hubby to come home and our Christmas eve to officially begin. I have talked on the phone to relatives and friends and wished my Aunt Sophie a Merry Christmas. Morris is happy to be next to the wood burning stove Maulie is asleep waiting for hubby.The suit is being brought out for its second Christmas season with little Jack.
       I just want to wish my blogger Friends a Merry Christmas and Prayers for such a special night!



                                                                                Hugs Cheri

6 comments:

annie said...

Sounds so good. Merry Christmas to all your family!

Kim said...

Merry Christmas Cheri. I hope baby Jack enjoys Santa. My grandpa did that for me at about the same age. Apparently I freaked out and was hysterical. They said it took almost an hour to calm me down. I hope your experience is better.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Oh kim, You made me laugh. Last year he didn't react but I am a little worried. Have a great Christmas! HUgs Cheri

Bee Lady said...

Merry Christmas Cheri! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Hopefully Jack will love Santa!

Cindy Ber

Saundra said...

Cheri, that was a nice post and enjoyed reading about the family traditions. Here's wishing you and the family a very Merry Christmas and happy healthy new year.

Saundra

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Have the merriest Christmas ever and give that little Jack a hug from Ohio.
Lauren