Friday, November 30, 2012

It's slowly starting to feel like the Christmas season!


                                          Christmas at the Country Loft in La Mesa California



It is such a pretty day only two classes left of knitting class! Right now were learning to start to decrease on our knitted hat wish me luck.I  knitted two slippers that need to be finished and I am anxious to start rug hooking again. Now that I have the fundamentals of knitting I am going to take the workshop class where you work on what you want to do which to me is Socks.
I have so much sock yarn from sock camp I need to use that up!


 I took some pictures at the County Loft on Tuesday at rug hooking and finally had a chance to download them. I was really surprised yesterday in the mail my great friend Debbie sent me a CD of Christmas music.So here I am today taking out my boxes of Christmas goodies rearranging my little house and full of the Christmas spirit Thanks to a friend! Next week I'll take some pictures of my house decorated for Christmas.I thought the Country Loft looked so festive! 

                                                               I love Snowmen



                                                      The front entrance to the Country Loft


Santa



Hopefully Janet can finish her rug by Christmas
The Country Loft's backyard


Pam is working away on her rug



Quilts

 Can you see how fun it is to rug hook at the Country Loft













 Janice is working away on her log cabin!
Pam had a jacket on which had the best colors
You know your a rug hooker when you look at something
and think how you can you use it a rug. LOL!



I love this quilt!!!

Have a great weekend.Cheri

11 comments:

Julia said...

Yes Cheri, I can see why hooking at the Country Loft would be so much fun. Everything looks very festive. There are lots of nice things to look at. I especially love the quilts.

I'm so glad that you learned to knot and that you have enjoyed yourself but hooking is also fun.

I might have to knit myself some woollen socks, the temperature is going down to -17 degree Celcius, this evening, that's 1.4 degree F.

Aren't you glad to live in South California?
Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, That's cold!!When I lived in Wyoming in the 1970's it got down to 30 below 0 in December.Yikes!Stay warm and I think you better knit some warm socks for this winter, Hugs Cheri

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
I loved seeing the pictures of the shop!! Do they teach rug hooking and quilting classes there? Do you live near it? I know you go there often and just wondered!
I love all the quilts too!!
Have fun decorating and listening to your new CD! I pulled mine out at Thanksgiving and have been enjoying them while I work!!
Warm Blessings~~
Julie

Kim said...

I wouldn't get any hooking done there - I'd be too busy looking around at all the great stuff. Julia's right, it's freezing here today. I put on the thick socks today :). Get decorating, I'm anxious to see

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie and Kim,That is so true Sometimes we get nothing done were looking at everything.I live about eleven miles away in Crest.The Country Loft is my favorite place to take quilt classes and rug hooking classes.I have learned so much from the ladies in different classes that like decorating with antiques primitive and early american. Hugs Cheri

Saundra said...

I is always a treat when you show pictures from the Loft. It sure is ready for Christmas and so much to look at in each pictures, snowmen, mini-quilts, hooked pieces on the wall, handmade Santa's plus the rugs everyone is working on. And, I'll bet that Christmas rug is done before the event.

Thanks for posting.
Saundra

annie said...

those are wonderful photos!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra and Annie glad you enjoyed my photos . Hopefully I'll have my little house all decked out for Christmas! Hugs Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
What a fun place to visit. Hooking there must be such a treat. It just looks so festive. I just love all their cupboards!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Karen said...

Country Loft is a place I would like to visit but live way too far away.
I like the log cabin hook rug that you show in the works.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Karen, I went to your blog. That Cheri Payne quilt you have on your first page is the one I am trying to finish!Yours is lovely, Cheri