Sunday, October 28, 2012

The cutest Hooked Cat,old quilt blocks and a Huswife

                                        
Last Tuesday I saw the the cutest hooked rug. Donna went back east for the Atha rug hooking event I think it was last year and she got this pattern there.Donna did such a wonderful hooking job!
(I love it because it reminds me of Morris my orange cat.)

Donna is the rug hooking teacher at the loft and her colors and hooking are just the best. There was so much talking and projects to look at that I missed parts of conversations. I have been so so busy this last week. My girlfriend Linda was a life saver she worked on my garden railroad and cleaned the overgrowth of Rosemary and I hauled all the plant debris from the railroad away on Friday. After lunch we were off to iced tea at Summer's Past Farms. We ended up going up the backside of Crest and saw a
Native Plant sale sign. So we went exploring found a place called Crestridge a 3,000 acre Ecological Reserve. More about that this week.Sorry I have been a bad blogger but between knitting class  homework and working on my garden I am a mess.Lol I hope all my blogger friends that are back east stay safe during the hurricane.Hugs Cheri
                                                     Take a look at the sheep Donna made


                                      We were all talking so much I forgot who was working on this

                                                     Janice had given Pam some old blocks
                                                        and here is what she came up with



 Love the horse

                                                      Janice is working on this log cabin


                                                                 A customers quilt

                                                       I think this is going to be a block of the month



This is an old brown Huswife
Stephanie was so excited about her little old brown Huswife



12 comments:

Saundra said...

Just love all the projects but especially the hooked ones. Adoreable CAT rug!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the goodies with us.

Saundra

annie said...

love the rug, the quilts, and the huswife! thanks for taking the time to share!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Annie, Glad you enjoyed the pictures,Cheri

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, I love all the quilts and rug and I too had a big orange cat called Leo. He was special and I still miss him.

Can you enlighten me on what a Huswife is. Is it a bonnet of sort?

We are bracing for the storm and hope that we will be OK
Take care and stay safe,
Hugs,
JB

Bee Lady said...

I love the rugs, such talented ladies. It's so fun to get together with crafty people, don't ya think.

Cindy Bee

Farm Girl said...

Such great finds and what lovely pictures. I do think that is the cutest cat I ever saw too.
It all just looks like fun.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, Stay safe,I hope it misses you! A Huswife is a fabric roll that ladies would put their scissors, needles and threads in the old historical days. If you love to do needlework it's a handy item.

Cindy Bee, I loved the rug and it sure is fun to see what everybody is up to.Hugs Cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Farm girl,I loved that Kittie!!!! It was so cute. I wish you could see how precious it was in person.Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, beautiful crafts and talented ladies, what a delightful outing to look forward to each week. Well... I've learned something new, an "old brown huswife" I love it! Have a great week, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie,I wish it was every week it's twice a month and it's always fun to see what everyone is working on.Cheri

woollylottrugs said...

Hi Cheri
I love love love that cat rug. Can you tell me who the designer is? Would love to get that pattern. Thanks for sharing. I live in Pennsylvania, about one hour away from Philadelphia and am now bracing for a huge storm. So far, so good but it's hardly started yet. Hoping that things don't get as serious as they say it will.

hugs
cyndi

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cyndi , I have to ask Donna again she will have to find where she put the information. Hopefully she'll find it and I will email you the designers name.Hugs Cheri
Stay safe that hurricane looks scary!