Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hobo quilting from Wednesday



                                                        The Hobo quilt is in the center


It seems funny as these weeks go by I feel like one week I am a hermit on a hill and don't want to go anywhere but the front yard and knit class. The next week I am busy and running around like a crazy lady.I have been reading alot of mysteries I find myself going to the library to pick up DVDs and books at least once a week!
I have discovered the Inspector Lewis mysteries which I love.What's fun is when I know who is the fiendish  murderer before he is revealed.. My hubby is not so impressed with the Inspector Lewis series it's too mild for him but me I love that it takes place in England and Oxford the relationship these different detectives have with each other.It was PBS series so I started with year one and now I am on  series four. Were finally getting some Fall weather and it's even raining today thank goodness this was the longest summer of humidity and heat. I woke up this morning with the fog all over the place. The yard was misty and it was wonderful.I actually had to put on a sweater on.This past Wednesday I enjoyed the Hobo Quilt class I have so far finished 10 blocks and have 10 to go. It was a nice group and it was a relaxing evening. Now back to my homework for knit class!
Enjoy your Sunday Hugs Cheri








                                                 Donna showing us a strip of her Hobo quilt

                                                                Donna's examples



                                                                      This is beautiful
Love this

A Cheri Payne design

5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
I'm not a quilter, but the hob quilts look like FUN!
Happy to hear you got some much needed rain.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, I've gone through the same phase as you did when all I wanted to do is stay home and cocoon.

You are really working fast on your Hoba quilt. I'm lookinh forward to seeing it all pieced together.

Some of those quilts looks like a lot of tiny pieces. Must take patience and time.

If you have the spare time enjoy all the reading you want. I'm glad that you are getting some relief from the heat. October has been so rainy here it was nice getting some sunshine and warmth today.
Have a great week Cheri. ((Hugs))
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi lauren and Julia, Don't you wish you could clone yourself sometimes. I have so many interests it's not funny. Have a good week, HUgs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, have I ever mentioned that I flunked out of quilting class! I so appreciate all the hard work that goes into making quilts and these that you have shown us are just beautiful! I think I had better stick with rug hooking! Have a great Monday, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, Happy Monday I like simple quilts my favorites are Amish. I just like keeping busy. LOl It's overcast and wonderful perfect rug hooking weather.You make wonderful rugs!Hugs Cheri