Monday, October 15, 2012

Cables,Hobo's and Hooking


                                                     


Still Hooking away
Maulie's paw she was trying to get my attention


Well this last week really flew by for me .We had a little rain but Southern California is not in Fall weather yet.Were going to have another heat wave this week I am so sick of hot weather and water bills. I sure wish Fall would arrive then it would feel much more like hooking weather.I envy every ones Fall pictures and sometimes wish I lived where we had more cold weather.
 I went up and spent three days with my daughter her hubby and little Jack. That little toddler doesn't stop all day. Little Jack wore me out! What made me laugh the most is how he liked to turn everything upside down. Any vehicle he rides it promptly gets turned over.Little Jack is jabbering all day learning words. Do you know how many things you can point at and say what's that to?  I couldn't help but laugh when he is showing his dogs his cookie thru the child proof gate in the kitchen and the dog grabs the cookie and the look and howl he let out was priceless.
.
Cables

Cables
I started another sock so I won't forget what
I just learned.


I had lots of homework in knit class and it doesn't look like much but were doing cables. Ahhh! I have to concentrate to do my swatches. I have one done and another half way done. I also worked on my hooked rug and last but not least I signed up for the Hobo Quilt class on Wednesday. I am gathering the blocks I finished and seeing which ones were going to tackle.I need to be in a class sometimes to keep me motivated and finish something. Friday I am going to the Ramona quilt show that should be fun. I'll take lots of pictures this week at Hobo quilt class and the Ramona Quilt show.
                                            I bought a dowel and made a backing to hang my
                                            Fall hooked rug.

                                                     Hobo's had their own secret language
                                                               Back to Hobo quilt class I go

                                             I am going to finish that other whisker tonight
                                                              Kind hearted lady

Good chance to get money



                                                                          Bread

10 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

How wonderful for you to be able to spend time with little Jack, I bet he is a real cutie. I hope your daughter is doing well. I am impressed with your cable stitches you are moving forward with your knitting by leaps and bounds! Very pretty color too. I so admire your creative rugs, very primitive, just my style. Temperatures in Maine have been cool, however today it is in the seventies, go figure! Have a great afternoon, I hope Autumn finds you soon, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie the seventies would sound good.Knitting as my teacher says is a skill the more you do it the better you get. I just want to make socks and dishcloths and dream of cold weather.HUgs Cheri

Julia said...

Cheri, I'm impressed with your knitting and your cable swatches are looking great. I bet that you are having fun knitting.

Your primitive rugs are also impressive.

It's nice that you are keeping yourself busy with classes. We are having very wet weather and the beautiful leaves are falling rapidly. I'm not ready to face the cold frosty weather.
Have a great week. Hugs,
JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia,It is so hot your lucky to have some wet weather.I have to get caught up on everyone's blogs, Hugs Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
What fun to spend a few days with DD and that sweet grandbaby of yours!
LOVE your rugs. You have your own, unique style. Keep up the good work.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, I have to catch up on everyones blog this week. Thanks for the compliment, Hugs Cheri

acorn hollow said...

I love your socks you are so creative hooking, knitting, and quilting I barely can get a rug going. we do have some pretty scenery and the weather can be beautiful. We have had rain rain and more rain. we were in the 70's yesterday but back to the cooler weather. By Feb you will have had it with the weather.
Cathy

kelley said...

I can just picture Jack and the cookie...how cute...

Your rug is wonderful...I love your style and use of color...

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy and Kelly rain sounds so wonderful! Little Jack is such a character he always makes me smile when I see him.Hugs Cheri

Saundra said...

Cheri, as usual I am loving your primitive niave style of hooking. Your knitting and Hobo quilt are both looking great too.

Saundra