Sunday, September 23, 2012

A humble little knitted Dishcloth

                                      Well I finished my first project in knit class a humble little cotton dishcloth!
I am so happy I feel like I made a sweater or something.Lol. I worked on my hooked rug last night it's coming along real well. Hubby was proud of me he commented he didn't know that I ever worked on  anything besides wool. The week ahead will be busy I have my rug hooking group and knit class.The next lesson ribbing and who knows what else.I am not sure if I was suppose to block  my little dishcloth but I'll find out next week. The cotton seems to stretch really easily.All I can say is this little dishcloth will remain unused.It shall be put in a place of honor where no one will dare to think of using it.Next one will be a different story but this one is special. To create this dishcloth I had to Cast on, Knit, purl,Yarn over knit two together increases and decreases and follow the directions.Have a good happy week , Hugs Cheri

6 comments:

Julia said...

Congratulations on doing such a fine job on your knitted cotton dish cloth. It's lovely and the color really match the beautiful quilt under.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Have a great week. Hugs. JB

Kim said...

Congratulations! I bet you will never wash dishes with it. You'll make many more, it becomes addictive.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hey Kim and Julia they are addicting!I am working on my rug today.Feels good to hook,Hugs Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Good job. Congrats to you!
Hugs ;)
Lauren

Jacqueline said...

LOL isn't it fun to learn something new... enjoy your dishcloth, the first of many projects I am sure.

Larkrise garden girl said...

It is fun to learn something new. By the end of the classes I will make a hat!I plan on making it for toddler Jack in Charger football colors.Cheri