Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Primitive Rug hooking lettering I don't like this part!

Well I am on my final lap.Maybe it's me but the lettering is hard for me to do.I keep having to stop rehook and put my rug on hubby's easy chair to see if I can understand what the lettering is saying . It's suppose to say Egg and I Road.
The colors are not as bright as they look on the camera.
 Every time I move the rug around some of it gets unhooked by the grippers on my frame has anyone ever had this happen?
 This primitive rug is about Washington and the colors of the homes and nature was so intense and so these colors seemed right for this rug. I am hoping all the hooking will be done by this weekend. Wish me luck!
                                                                       Egg and I road


                                                           I still love this rug so much

                                     

7 comments:

Orange Sink said...

Cheri,
I love both of your rugs very much! The lettering looks great to me....... awesome colors!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Kim said...

It is such a fun rug. You have done a great job. Keep hooking the letters and a few rows around them and then stand far back and look. It always looks better than we think it does on our laps.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Gals,Every Rug is a different experience.It seems like at the end of the hooking it all comes together.Hugs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, what wonderful, whimsical rugs you have hooked. Very creative and I love your color choices. Hooking lettering for me can be tedious, I do think your's looks great and I have no trouble reading it. Have a great day, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Julie

Julia said...

Cheri, I have my suspicions that this cute rug will make it to be a featured rug on Rug Hooking Daily again. I love your style of hooking and your patterns are really outstanding. I'm late with commenting but I'm sure that you'll get it done by this weekend.

Hugs, JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, Thanks your such a good blogger friend. I wish I could say I made these patterns but they're adaptations of parts of patterns of old quilt patterns that I have. I then add all the extra's to make it more personal.I see rugs in all sorts of places. I just put on linen a pattern I adapted which features a bear. Hugs Cheri say Hi to your cows,