Friday, August 10, 2012

Megan's Whale watching pictures from Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Camp

In mid April of this year my daughter Megan took me to sock camp at Port Ludlow Washington for my birthday. It was a great experience and one of the highlights was a whale watching trip out of Port Ludlow near Whidbey Island.It was such a beautiful day! I got so engrossed in watching the whales none of my pictures of the whales turned out.Last night Megan sent some of her pictures from our day Whale Watching.


It's a refreshing set of pictures to see especially in this hot weather.. Be sure and click the picture for a slide show!

                                 The whale was between our boat and the sailboat .     

  The blow hole of the whale

                                                                   
                                                                     Wow!      
                                                           There were two whales see the blow hole mist
                                                          It was so quiet and beautiful weather  
   
                                                       Tail flip

5 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun!!! Thanks for sharing.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Fun! There are lots of whale watching excursions near me and I'venever gone.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, In California when I was a kid when you were in 4th or 5th grade we went on whale watching trips looking for grey whales.You should go at least once in your lifetime it's worth it,Cheri

Bee Lady said...

Wow! I've only been whale watching one time, and never did see a whale. How cool.

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

It was cool!