Sunday, August 19, 2012

Egg and I Road Primitive Rug Done maybe?

Well I finished the hooking today but I need to sit on the colors of the letters I still can't make up my mind if I like the crazy blue.One thing the letters and colors are not as bright as they look on my blog even one of my rug hooking friends Michele mentioned  that to me.
  I still need to think about it for a day or two if I am going to leave all the blue around the letters in the rug. I am trying to go outside my dark primitive color zone so it's all about sock camp and the florescent colors of Blue Moon yarns that I enjoyed so much.I loved the Pacific Northwest! So here goes ....
                     Remember it's going to fade as I age.Lol

                                                             I took another pic this morning

7 comments:

Bee Lady said...

I LOVE the colors! Keep them. They are so much more cheery than prim. I'm more cottage style not prim. So I think the rug looks great.

Cindy Bee

Kim said...

I think it's FUN. Very creative Cheri, and those colors just scream happy!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Kim and Cindy Bee, I look at my rug and I think of sock camp and all the bright colors of knit camp.The next rug is already on linen. It has a bear theme.Hug Cheri

Orange Sink said...

Cheri,
It is a wonderful rug and I love the blue around the lettering! Especially since it depicts the great memories for you! LOVE it!!!
Cathy G

Larkrise garden girl said...

You are so sweet! It is a personal rug of a great time.Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Love it, but I will throw in my two cents. If it were me (and I know it's not!), I'd leave the blue in the "I" but change the R and the D.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren,That's what I thought!! I like the Blue but I don't want the blue distracting the picture.I am so glad it's not just me. I know that will make me like it better. HUgs Cheri