Thursday, August 23, 2012

Annie Lapp Primitive Hooked Rug

Years ago I went into an antique store and found a wonderful Pig hooked rug. It is what sparked my interest in rug hooking. Well there was another rug from Lancaster Pa. By Annie Lapp and Bev bought that one so it always makes me laugh how many coincidence's there are of friends and people you meet. I visited Bev on Tuesday and had such a fun time with her and Janet. I loved hearing about her life and how many interesting experiences she had in her lifetime.  Beverly even worked at Yellowstone Park as a young woman.The tall white shutters open to her great view of the lake. Gazing away I was surprised to see an Osprey flying by.I left her some bulbs and a promise for a mint plant to add to her balcony.What a fun time with friends.
                                                     some of her cross stitch

6 comments:

Julia said...


I love those cross stitch samplers. They are so well displayed in their frames. There as many stories as there are hookers on what got them interested in hooking rugs and that's the beauty of it. A very interesting and useful hobby.

Have a happy weekend. JB

Dog Trot Farm said...

You know you have a true friend when she is willing to share plants and herbs. Lovely hooked rug, did your friend stitch the samplers? they are wonderful! Hugs, Julie.

Julia said...

I had typed a comment earlier and I don't know where it went so I type another. I just love those little samplers and they are so well displayed together. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Bev made the samplers and I do like the way she displayed them.We have a little bit of rain! Yea!

Elisabetta said...

Beautiful black hourse!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Isn't it Annie Lapp is Amish and I love that Bev and I both have rugs by her.